hello from south spain :D

hello im chilifaninspain :D

i been living here 12 years and i really like the climate for gardening/growing veggies and such.

last few years i have been concentrating on growing chilis, since i found the availabillity of fresh pods to be non existing. i got my taste for hot foods travelling the caribean and the central america.

i really like smoking chilis.. its propably my favorite way of processing the chilis. i do also dry chilis, and i make a lot of chili sauces. i tend to fill up the fridge with hotsauces that i later dont have time to use since i make new ones all the time.. but since the climate here is so good for growing chilis, the harvests when growing in the soil outside are almost rediculously big.

my method of growing is what is know as "the spanish method" - growing in soil and adjusting ph of the water and adding fertilizers to the water i use for irigation. our season is really year long, but i grow during the hotter seasons, and i let my garden rest during the 2-3 colder months we have.

i collect seeds of all varieties i grow.

anyhow - im pleased to be here and i hope to learn something new :D

heres a picture of my bubba's from last year. they over witnered well outside and are starting of HUGE. really nice aji to smoke :D one of my favorites from last year!

this is an other photo from last year. an other part of the garden.. in the midle of the pic is the TSMB and the shorter zanahoria triangulo. in the back on the rigth is the padron peppers and the cayennes. in the back on the left the incaberry can be seen.

Welcome to the fold my friend, smoking peppers is THE way! My only experiences with Spain were dark of the night stops in ROTA(WHICH don't count),and later ,Malaga,Tarifa,a quick night in Barcelona, and several stop overs in Algeciras(the central/seafood market was awesome)-I would go back for a real vacation in a sec if transatlantic airfares ever get normal again.Great pics-the climate is perfect-so you shouldn't have a problem growing!
Dave

Back