Hello From Southern GA

Just a little about me. This year is my first growing my own hot peppers, to start off I went with Cayenne and White Habanero. With some success the Habaneros are producing lots of peppers but they are very small, nothing over 1/2 inch long, Cayennes have done very well harvested around 30 peppers off 8 plants and have had upwards of 6 inch peppers. I'm glad to have found this forum to help enable my growing skills and hopefully learn more about different varieties of hot peppers.

Welcome, I am a former resident of SW GA, myself. The white habs I have seen are a little different from other habaneros, more bullet shaped than lantern shaped, so they may be OK after all.

Welcome, I am a former resident of SW GA, myself. The white habs I have seen are a little different from other habaneros, more bullet shaped than lantern shaped, so they may be OK after all.

After a bit of goole image trolling I came to the same conclusion, they were marketed as "White lightening habanero" when I bought the seeds but I belive them to be the Yucatan White Habanero. I was gonna post up a pic of them but forgot before I went at'em with a Chef knife and threw them in the sauce pan, but hopefully my first go at homemade hot sauce goes well.

Back