Hello from sunny Rio, Brazil. Different climate, language, people: same heat!

I've lately been enjoying planting my own hot peppers and making sauces.  In trying to find more info about some random peppers, I stumbled upon this site and was pleasantly surprised to see a giant community of others that do the same thing!  I am no seasoned expert, I just dink around in the garden and kitchen.  Thanks to this site, I've identified a mystery pepper in my garden and started my first fermented hot sauce.  I look forward to swapping some knowledge and presenting some Brazilian heat into the discussion!

Bem-vindo! From the Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks.  I've been to Salvador.  I love the place and want to retire there.  It's like New Orleans on hills but it never gets cold. :)

:welcome:  From Mountain Grove, Missouri. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, Brazil is a beautiful country with plenty unusual wild pepper species, should you ever run across some wild peppers that might be indangered by extinction please let me know.   This group is a lot of fun with lots of interesting people.

A very big Welcome to you. Same story as me as to how I found this site, you will meet many different people from all over the world sharing their knowledge and experience with others. It is a fantastic community. Enjoy :)

Slizarus said:
Welcome, youre definitely among friends here.

What you growing now?
Currently, I am having some kind of sickness problems with my plants, which I haven't quite figured out yet.  But I have pimenta-cumari (yellow small ones, medium heat), malaguetas (small, elongated and red, high heat), dedo-de-moca (large, red pods, low heat), something I think is a red scotch bonnet (looks like a deflated red balloon, oh-it-burns heat), and an identified one (yellow, small, elongated, medium heat).  Oh, and I had jalapenos, but I think the plant finally succumbed.  I'll try to post some pics later!

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back