Hello from Tampa, FL

I've been growing a few plants at a time for the last 3 years.

This year I am growing 12 plants in 3 and 5 gallon containers. (California Wonder, Giant Marconi, Sweet Banana, Jalapeno, Primavera Jalapeno, Cayenne, Twilight, Orange Suave Habanero, Carribean Red Habanero, Datil, and Bhut Jolokia.)

I started them indoors under lights in February ,and transplanted them outdoors March when they got their 2nd/3rd sets of true leaves.

Potting mix is 40% Peat, 20% Sand, 20% Garden Compost, 10% Manure Compost, and 10% Perlite. I also added a small amount of slow release 5-10-10 fertilizer with calcium.

The 5 gal. pots are watered every 7-10 days, and the 3 gal. pots are watered every 3 to 5 days, based on when they appear to need water individually.

I have been alternating between a pyrithrin and a neem oil spray once a week to control aphids that always seem to be present. The damage seems to be limited, and not affecting them too badly.

These photos are from mid April.

8659757098_c3a3d548c2_m.jpg
8658651609_b2c703b8bd_m.jpg
8659757462_0cab7f90d9_m.jpg

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Hey, Thanks everybody. If any of the Florida people (Or anybody else) have any suggestions about my plants or growing methods, I'd like to hear it. There has been a lot of trial and error over the past couple years.

Back