Hello from the shadow of America's mountain! (Pikes Peak, CO)

Hey all!

I'm pretty new to the chili scene, but I'm thoroughly hooked. :D I have an interesting story about how I got into eating and cooking with chillies, though. I used to not be able to take spicy food at all. Even crushed black pepper was a bit much. Then last year (summer of 2010) I decided I was tired of being a "wuss", so I went to the local market and bought a bag full of jalepenos. I decided I was going to eat one straight after every dinner to build up a tolerance. It was excruciating the first couple of days, but then I got used to it. By the end of the summer I was eating them several times a day and with every meal, lol. It had then unintended consequence of getting addicted to capsaicin, I think. But anyway, I've been a lurker here for a long time and just recently made a couple of posts. I'll still most likely be a sort-of lurker, but I'd like to post some from time to time. This is a pretty cool and unique community you've got here. I've enjoyed reading the posts. :)

:welcome: from Hawaii! Wait till you start to really enjoy all the complex flavors of the hotter varieties. It is indeed very addicting.

Greetings from southern Cal.

I miss your part of the country, dude. I used to go to fish in South Park every year--Spinney Mtn. Res and Miracle Mile--but I haven't gone for about six years now.

Enjoy your new-found tolerance for the heat!

Hey all!

I'm pretty new to the chili scene, but I'm thoroughly hooked. :D I have an interesting story about how I got into eating and cooking with chillies, though. I used to not be able to take spicy food at all. Even crushed black pepper was a bit much. Then last year (summer of 2010) I decided I was tired of being a "wuss", so I went to the local market and bought a bag full of jalepenos. I decided I was going to eat one straight after every dinner to build up a tolerance. It was excruciating the first couple of days, but then I got used to it. By the end of the summer I was eating them several times a day and with every meal, lol. It had then unintended consequence of getting addicted to capsaicin, I think. But anyway, I've been a lurker here for a long time and just recently made a couple of posts. I'll still most likely be a sort-of lurker, but I'd like to post some from time to time. This is a pretty cool and unique community you've got here. I've enjoyed reading the posts. :)

Welcome from a little north of you! You'll soon l-o-v-e the hotter peppers!

Back