Hello from the Valley of Ohio

Hey everyone, just joined today (Obviously).
Growing Tabasco peppers here, also, the typical Cayenne as well. First round at growing them.
Live in a condo, so growing them is a bit challenging because I have no actual land.
Mainly joined because Ive read several different posts regarding hot sauce, and I plan on making some of my own, I also like using the bare minimum in the ingredients (Salt, Vinegar, Peppers) to give the sauce as much pepper flavor as possible, but Im open to all ideas.
If you have any questions, advice, pointers or wondering about myself, feel free to let me know.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

I've also been growing my peppers without the benefit of actual land, since I'm in an apartment, but thankfully after nearly 2 years, that's gonna change come October or so...

Hi! Thanks!
Good luck to getting a house? . . . . Or some actual land persay. :dance:  

I might actually prefer to grow mine indoors. Got some pretty nasty weather here not too long ago, and I just simply moved my plants inside, so they can avoid it altogether. Haha.

Mein, I was just actually reading your post.
Thank God I was able to bring them in, when we had that nasty 'Tornado' weather.
What all did you lose? That really sucks.

Feuerschlucker said:
Hi! Thanks!
Good luck to getting a house? . . . . Or some actual land persay. :dance:  

I might actually prefer to grow mine indoors. Got some pretty nasty weather here not too long ago, and I just simply moved my plants inside, so they can avoid it altogether. Haha.

Well, yes and no. The situation has present itself that my folks really need someone to take over their house down here in Florida, and as I live about 60 miles south of said house, they put 2 & 2 together. By a twist of serendipity, my apartment lease ends 11 days prior to the lease my parents have with the folks renting their house. They may move our early, or stay an extra week, who knows, but it's looking more and more like October will be go-time for me.

And one of my good friends from high school here, happens to be renting a farm not too far north of the parental's house, and told me that the guy she's renting it from is an elderly chap who can only use so much of his land for farming, leaving the rest for her to use however she sees fit. Obviously details would need to be worked out, and I'd be remiss if I didn't at least pay for things like water & such there, but right now, I'm just biding my time, waiting to move up into the house, and getting things going with my peppers there. I also have looked at several Farmer's Markets in the area of the house, and found several I could sell at, so if my peppers and related product sell well, I may well take her up on her offer to grow some peppers on her place.

Since mine are/were in a garden, they had to stay. Hail did them in. I lost Morugas, Primos, Several different Bhuts, a few SB7J's, TS-Yellow CARDI's. I was able to bring in my container plants, so all's good.

Back