Hello from Toronto, Canada. Actually York Region..

Hello All,

Thanks to whoever setup this site becasue i love hot peppers.

I love to grow them, eat them and cook with them. Most of all, I like to trip-out and come down after eating a really hot one! :crazy: I find the key is to never drink anything and let your mouth naturally sweat it out. 

Right now I have 2 pepper plants growing in pots; A ghost and a dorset naga. The Naga has only 3 or 4 good sized pods and the ghost has at least 10.

I had them in a very wet and shady area this spring and they wern't thriving. Since I tranplanted them to pots and moved them into the all-day sun, they have really took off.

The ghost pods are starting to turn a bright devil red. :twisted:  and the naga's are neon orange! :!:

Anyways, I plan on getting all of the seeds from these peppers, especially the very large ones and the wierd ones (the naga has a pod that is curly) and make a massive pepper garden in my backyard next spring.

:?: A question i have for all of you is what should I do with these 10-15 peppers? I am really interested in making a sauce or puree that i can bottle and have last all winter but most recipies on here are for people that have 30 or 40 pods. I am looking to keep the natural flavour in tact as much as possible.

Thanks, 3-G

Just wait till you see how much a Dorset can produce...

Welcome to THP.                         From St. Aug.

300x300.jpg

stickman said:
Hi and welcome from western Massachusetts.

You might want  to try this recipe, as it starts with only 100 grams of ripe pods. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/32602-making-some-puree-todaywill-post-pics-of-the-processits-easy/
Cheers
Yes, i have been lookin at this one too. It look like I NEED a pressure cooker tho... What is a acceptable price and or brand for one of these things? I dont want super cheap crap but i also dont want to break the bank..
PepperDaddler said:
Just wait till you see how much a Dorset can produce...

Welcome to THP.                         From St. Aug.

300x300.jpg
Ya, the Naga really had a slow start. Im looking forward to next year for sure!

I don't really know why AJ used the pressure cooker if it wasn't just because he had it around. You could always post the question on his thread or send him a private message to find out. Cheers!

stickman said:
I don't really know why AJ used the pressure cooker if it wasn't just because he had it around. You could always post the question on his thread or send him a private message to find out. Cheers!

Ya strange.

I went to the local hardware store and they jack of all trades guy there said that boiling the full mason jars a pot of fully submerged water will ensure a good seal.. So thats what I plan to do.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back