Hello from wales!

Hi guys,
I've been looking for a good chilli forum to join for a while, mainly as my partner/friends are sick to the back teeth of hearing me blab on about my pepper plants all the time. This will be my second season growing although last year was a complete flop as I started too late, still learnt a good few lessons though and I'm optimistic about this years plants doing well.
As for the chillies, due to the short growing season in wales I germinated the first lot in the airing cupboard on the 17th of jan then transferred them to a grow tent (in my front room) with one 300w cfl and a small fan. Once they're big enough I'll plant them out in the greenhouse. I've got rocotos, ohnivec, yellow cherry, black hungarian, orange wonder and carolina reapers all doing really well generally between 6-12cm with 3-4 sets of true leaves and some bulgarian carrots, chocolate habaneros and 4 interesting compact varieties from seaspring seeds(loco,stumpy,sparkler,spike) which were germinated later.
When I figure out how to do it I'll get some pics up for you, until then I'll be trawling he forums and contributing what I can :)

Welcome to THP from The Great White North.

wow FANTASTIC JOB AND GREAT GROW MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!! The best part is you've found THP and you can talk about peppers here as much as you like my friend we LOVE EM!!!. What do you use them for have you tried fermenting yet? So much to do here and so many fantastic people have fun and get in there and meet people and share some recipes.
MURRELLS INLET SC WELCOME!!! HOME OF THE REAPER!!! :)

:welcome:  to the THP forums!! I certainly understand some people getting fed up with the 'pepper talk'! I've had family members throw their hands up and then walk out of the room while yelling "Enough about the peppers!!" :lol:  

That's what the forums are for... feel free to do the talking/sharing here! Your grow sounds like its off to a excellent start, would definitely love to see pics. Best of growing this season! 

s-l300_zpsujn2gm4s.jpg

Back