Hello from Washington State!

salsalady

Business Member
Hi everyone,

This seems like a really cool site, so I thought I'd better do a welcome post before I start posting a bunch.

I'm married, with a 13 year old chilehead son. We like to do chile eating videos. I play around with making hot sauces and have even sold a few tubs of salsa at the local farmers market.

I like camping, music, walking on the beach (at sunset) ((with a large rum driver in hand)), sharing hot sauces, seeds and seedlings with friends and neighbors, and suckering my brother-in-law into trying a new hot sauce with the classic line..."it's not that hot...TRUST ME!" :halo:

So, I hope to meet some cool people around here, and maybe share a sauce or two.

salsalady

PS- I also enjoy keeping everyone in line with The Corrector. ;)

OK- now I can start posting a bunch! :D

hello, i am cornfused as well, you have almost 4400 posts yet just creating a welcome thread????? whats really going on heree?

:welcome: from the other side of the mountains.

Check out this thread...
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26507-northwest-chilefest-2012-reserve-your-spot-now/

Get initiated into the Northwest Pack!!!! We are a fiercely rowdy bunch. Hope you can make it!!!!

:lol:

hello, i am cornfused as well, you have almost 4400 posts yet just creating a welcome thread????? whats really going on heree?

weeeelll, lunchbox revived JayT's welcome thread and I realized I'd missed out on that important part of THP. So, before I start "posting a bunch" I figured I'd better introduce myself!

Hi Paul! Thanks for the welcome!

:welcome: from the other side of the mountains.

Check out this thread...
http://www.thehotpep...-your-spot-now/

Get initiated into the Northwest Pack!!!! We are a fiercely rowdy bunch. Hope you can make it!!!!

:lol:

OH COOL! Thanks for the head's up! That looks like a ton of fun, i'll see if we can make it> And thanks for the welcome, HabanerHeatBetterHalf!

Well as an old timer, (I've been here longer than THP itself), let me welcome you.
As a newbie, don't ask for free seeds, and we do not tolerate pictures of photoshopped flowers labeled "PG".

Post pictures of EVERYTHING you cook, including your hang over breakfast cures.
And don't mess around with SoFlo, they have a pet bear that will eat your face off.

That about covers it... :welcome:

Oh yeah, There must be booze of any kind (like your Rum Drivers) in any pictures you post in the Drunken Chef thread.
But I'm sure you read all of this in the paperwork you signed when joining THP....

Hi Ann and welcome from the opposite corner of the continent. This is a raeally great place with really great people where you can learn a really great deal about pepper and sauce making and peppers and cooking and peppers and every month we have a Throw down where we all cook based on a theme and post lots of pictures and vote on who’s best. I know I’ll see ya around the Hot Sauce forum and maybe we can do a bottle swap.

Cheers,
RM

Thanks Spongey, and Scobille DeBille,

I'm waiting on my THP waiver to be approved. I've petitioned for immediate chile goddess status so I can skip that whole noobie phase. Didn't bother to read the rest of the paperwork. I figure it's like a recipe, glance at it and then do what I want.

So there are some cooking threads around here? You mean there are some chileheads who like to cook? Maybe we could have some informal cooking games or contests to see who makes the best foods. Maybe, once a month or so?
edit-Thanks Rocketman! i hope to read all the forums and really learn how to make sauces.

And does that comment about the hangover breakfast mean one or two of the THP members might have a sip or two? :eek: God Forbid! A Forum where the members Drink! I don't know if I can be a part of that. :shame:

Hi Pepperlover!

Welcome from Maple Valley! Hope you stick around for a while. Please don't be shy, and for gosh sakes...share some recipes with pictures. You have potential in the chile community, I just know it. :halo:

thanks for the encouragement, chileaddict. Maple Valley, is that in Vermont? I'm not good at pictures so if you know anyone who can take a decent picture, let me know. I appreciate the help!
:)

:welcome: from Austin Texas! SL I think you might enjoy yourself here. Did I see that your name is Ann? Anyways....welcome aboard!

in yea, no PG pics here please

Back