Hello From Washington!

Hey guys,

I am a hot foods fanatic from Washington and I really love the information this board provides. I have been seeking out ways to make my own hot sauces, salsa, and wing sauce from scratch. I know this would be the best place to learn!

Welcome3.gif

gardening_with_the_children.jpg

Hi there, Neighbor! Good to meet another chilehead from WA.

Welcome from The Methow!

salsalady

hey Hurricane Andrew,

I'm up in Okanogan county. 90 miles north of Wenatchee, Winthrop/Twisp area, where Hwy 20 goes over the North Cross, in the middle of no-where.

How's the Tri-cities? I bet you've been to the Pasco Fiery Foods festival.

They canceled the fiery foods festival last year in Pasco due to lack of participation. It was a bummer because I had intentions on entering it for some habanero salsa. I'm hoping though to have a great season for growing peppers. The heat down here is fairly consistent so I'm expecting a good summer!

They canceled the fiery foods festival last year in Pasco due to lack of participation. It was a bummer because I had intentions on entering it for some habanero salsa. I'm hoping though to have a great season for growing peppers. The heat down here is fairly consistent so I'm expecting a good summer!

Lack of participation?!??? I'm surprised at that. Did I see they are doing it this year?

Well, in any event, keep your eyes out for posts about the 2nd Annual NW Chilehead Festival rumored to be happening in Duvall, WA this September.

It ain't nuthin' like the Pasco festival, just a few of us THP chileheads getting together for a picnic/party.

I'll send you a link when we get the discussion post happening.

Last September, a few of us got together at ChileAddict's house and ate food and chiles and sauces, and had a great afternoon. And we did a Wing Dome challenge in December (that was NOT good for some of us :sick: )

Anyway, hope you have a great growing season, we have the best climate here in eastern WA.

SL

Back