Hello from Wisconsin

Hi all been reading from this site for a bit and found it very helpful.
My history of growing peppers started only just this year when i got bit bye the addiction and found it to be a new hobby.
As for eating the peppers i have only ate one little red one that kept me on fire for a while so i have not tried any of the other ones as of yet but i do like to dehydrate them and sprinkle the powder of soup, steaks and for a good kick fresh cooked popcorn.

So total rookie at this that is a fact but looking forward to the good reads and info.

Right now i am in the process of trying to overwinter 5 plants, two in my bedroom in a homemade 6'x6'x4' grow hut/tent two down stairs in a south facing window and the one that got me addicted (dead now i think)in another bedroom window.

I will be using cfl + led lights in the grow hut and its not totally set up yet but plan on using 12 / 45w 6500k, 2 /28w led's & 4 / 42w 2700k for the lighting source but have not yet designed the reflector for the cfl's, I also put the hut center of my bedroom window and made two sliding doors so i can open them in the daytime so the plants can get some of the real thing.

Just last night i tried my hand with my first transplant from a smaller pot to a bigger one and found out how heavy the 15Gallon smart pot was with full soil,plant and cut off top of a 55gallon plastic drum container for the bottom/// a killer 70lbs (took a break from the garage when i did the transplant to the first floor bathroom where the scale is) and made it to the grow hut 2nd floor of house, so if anybody wonders what the size limit to carry plants around in fabric containers that are full i would say that a 20 gallon would be pushing it depending on your soil mix..

The reason i transplanted was because my leaves were falling off and so at first i thought must be the soil then i got to thinking hay its Autumn leaves are going to fall off:) but mine in the hut (both plants) have very distinct yellow veins soon the leaves get more yellow then fall off so i went with new soil and a bigger pot.

Funny i am hooking of growing or trying to grow peppers but can as of yet get the balls to eat one of them.

:welcome: from NC! Sounds like you have things moving along well! Dont worry about not eating them yet, it will come. What varieties are you growing?

Thanks for the hello's
MGOLD86 scotch bonnet, bhut jolokia, & not sure of the other one, i have to take a picture of it to gain a id.

Back