Hello from Wyoming

lfIM0OX.png

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, Wyoming is a tough place to grow. C. annuum does very well here & C. bacatum does very well in the greenhouse. This year I am trying a few C. chinense: Chiero Roxa, White Bhut Jolokia, and Trinidad Scorpion. We are in the middle of a snow storm right now and even with my electric heater running full blast and 2 heat lamps, my greenhouse got down to 46 Fahrenheit (7.7 Celsius), so I am very worried. I hope this is the last of the cold weather. Spring is the most temperamental time of year for us.

P.S. we are going to switch from electric to propane soon, so I am hoping that in the future It will not get so cold out there!

Sherry said:
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, Wyoming is a tough place to grow. C. annuum does very well here & C. bacatum does very well in the greenhouse. This year I am trying a few C. chinense: Chiero Roxa, White Bhut Jolokia, and Trinidad Scorpion. We are in the middle of a snow storm right now and even with my electric heater running full blast and 2 heat lamps, my greenhouse got down to 46 Fahrenheit (7.7 Celsius), so I am very worried. I hope this is the last of the cold weather. Spring is the most temperamental time of year for us.
I'm not sure seasons really matter much in WY. My wife & I were at Frontier Days once to see the wild horse races. It was 75° that noon, and 2 hours later it was 27° and snowing. This was July, mind you...

I have a friend in Hawk Springs who has a good size ranch...Dunno how he does it.

Back