Hello - I guess I'm a pepper head but I don't know why.

My real name is Mike. I have enjoyed growing peppers casually over the past decade on and off again. Mainly sweet banana peppers because I just like em'. However a few years ago I threw in some Habanero's and when they ripened, I cut them in half and placed them on a cookie pan and dried them out slowly in the oven. Then I tossed them into a coffee grinder and made my own spice for Chili in the winter.

This year will be my first semi-serious growing season but next season I plan to really step it up with variety. For reasons I don't fully understand, I am fascinated by peppers. I like to grow them but not necessarily eat them. I'm not into pain really, nor spicy foods for that matter. Anyway, this year I'm growing The usual Sweet Banana, Habanero + Carolina Reapers + Cayenne + Some sort of "Ornamental" Thai Hot something or other....... tiny pods on that one. I noticed the other day that *ONE* of the tiny pods on the ornamental plant was red and ripe so I picked it and ate it. It didn't bring tears to my eyes but it was pretty spicy for me. It took me on about a ten minute ride of mild discomfort. I remember thinking *ONE* of them crushed up and liquified into eggs and sausage would be alright with me.

Anyway, I'm here to try to get tips and learn, etc. I got a picture for you guys. I just picked all these today. I'm sure you can figure out what's what.......
Ps.... yes, I may have picked the Habanero's a bit early but those were the ones hanging lowest to the ground and I noticed a few dark spots (infestation/wet rot) on a few pods so I threw them away.

All the ones in the photo are nice and firm all over with no bad spots.

Attachments

• Peppers.jpeg
    Peppers.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 118
:welcome:
from the Pacific NorthWest!

Back