hello, new guy from Minnesota

MnSuperHots said:
Awesome!
Not sure if your familiar with brewing TV or chop&brew (web shows) produced by a friend of mine, we are involved in some bbq cook offs and home brew judging too. How does it work on this site? You dont mail food I assume! Lol

Ill have to keep you in mind when we do some local events.

I actually am not familiar with brewing tv.  Are you BJCP certified? 

For the throwdowns, the boss of this site picks a food ingredient or two and posts the rules for each one.  Then, whomever wants to participate creates a dish with said ingredient(s) for the current throwdown and posts pictures of their process and final meal pics and everyone who is a member of the hot pepper can vote on whomever they think is the best meal.  The throwdowns I think begin on the first Friday of every month.  Voting occurs I think for the 72 hours after said weekend. 

For the brewdowns, wheebz picks a style for the month and/or ingredients and whomever wants to participate brews it and then sends him a couple of bottles and he and his other brewer review and rate them using the bjcp style guidelines and scoring sheet. 

I have never done a throwdown myself but assisted in one and have done almost all the brewdowns.  Both are fun to do.

That would be awesome to go to one of your local events.  Just keep me posted!

I am not bjcp Certified but a few friends of mine are. Look up brewing tv and or chop&brew on youtube if you like, its all local guys. Ill definitely do a throwdown, im more into cooking than brewing now days but i may get in on a brewdown as well. Cheers!

s-l300_zps6w9rfcd2.jpg

Back