hello

Hi guys, just a quick hello, just in my first serious chilli season in the tropical paradise of rochdale uk, starting off my crop in december under t8's and eventually 150w hallide and now all under glass, started off with thai devil (thai birdseye i think), red and orange bonnets, spanish naga, seven pot, bhut jolokia and trinidad scorpion, greenhouse is currently packed out and looking good, tried my first spanish naga yesterday and was blown away literally! and have a seven pot for later, anyway i look forward to picking your brains for hints and tips :onfire: have a good day folks

Regards

Brett

Hi all hope your all well, here is my first question ive had a problem with whitefly for the past month or so in the greenhouse which wasnt terrible but was prolific in the few plants which i kept indoors, i tried the obvious steps of soapy water which ive never been impressed with and sure enough didnt perform as i had hoped so i moved all plants into the greenhouse (to slow the metabolism of the population due to being 27 degrees celcius indoors) and proceded to use an organic based pesticide which has worked well but due to my trigger hapiness and temeramental sunshine has scolded some of my plants which im not impressed with, currently brewing garlic spray in a 5 gallon tub which should be ready in two weeks and have sprayed foliage with magnesium to try and boost the plants and help immunity now would anyone be abe to suggest any other possible protection? I will be using biological predators next season but could anyone suggest how to attract predators from the garden? And which type of marigold is best to interplant? Thanks for any suggestions

Brett

Hi and welcome from western Massachusetts. I would companion plant French Marigolds to help with repelling pests. Calendula doesn't have the same effect. Cheers

:welcome:Greetings from the Piedmont of North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

just a few pics of my plants
2012-07-12203714.jpg

2012-07-13193451.jpg

2012-07-13193306.jpg

2012-07-14120130.jpg

2012-07-14120039.jpg

2012-07-14120101.jpg

2012-07-13193415.jpg

seven pots are proving to be a good performer :dance: with spanish naga's doing quite well considering they were badly infested with whitefly last month, got a good few young pods pushing through, bhut jolokia's are starting to pick up flowering wise and look like they are pollinating finally (seem quite impotent pollen wise) and have a trinidad scorpion flowering finally! happy days just hoping i get a good haul of fruit to torture myself, family and friends with :onfire:

Back