• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hell's chilli grow

Hey guys, recently i started up a DWC set up for the Carolina reaper, atm i have 2 running in the DWC and 1 in soil, and i also have a ghost pepper growing in the back and seeing how she goes :) Im pretty new to the hydro systems so any help would be great, so far its been going well i think this is the 3rd week running, im using a chilli nutrient and setting the ph levels correctly and thats about it!

Where it started haha..
DslLJFp.jpg

week 2
nCgct6H.jpg

week 3
1vxBBYh.jpg

nutrient that im using at the moment
Df2n3E5.jpg

Hey mate, great Glog so far,

How come you've scrapped the DWC setup? Were you having issues with it? I've just started mine so looking for all the advice I can get.

LocalFart said:
Hey mate, great Glog so far,

How come you've scrapped the DWC setup? Were you having issues with it? I've just started mine so looking for all the advice I can get.

hey, thanks, i stopped the dwc for a while just because power consumption with a massive grow lol, but ive started doing it again with a smaller DWC, ill post pics up on it also, what did you want to know? ask away :D

Oh just what gear you're using and where in Perth you are getting the nutes and stuff...

This is my system at the moment;
14buiza.jpg

Made that on Monday, so still very early days...

Well I guess I'll list what I'm unsure of at the moment;
- Did you need to worry much about water temp being in Perth? 
- What strength nutes did you use? and what type/s
- Where about was the water lvl up to the pots.

LocalFart said:
Oh just what gear you're using and where in Perth you are getting the nutes and stuff...

This is my system at the moment;
14buiza.jpg

Made that on Monday, so still very early days...

Well I guess I'll list what I'm unsure of at the moment;
- Did you need to worry much about water temp being in Perth? 
- What strength nutes did you use? and what type/s
- Where about was the water lvl up to the pots.

ah nice, looks you have a re-circulation system there which is alot better just requires more plumbing and stuff, i was thinking of doing that at some stage also :D
I dont worry about the temperature at all because its in a room that stay really cool all the time for some reason so its fine, where you have your set up you wont have to worry about the temps unless it gets really really hot and humid in therem and you can also use a fan on the plants also.
I run 2 air pumps with 4 ports, so 4 air stones in the tub. more air the merrier haha but 1 if fine also.
i found using the general hydroponics 3 part solution was the best, atm im using a normal chilli nutrient that works well just because i have some still left over from a while ago, and with the nutrient you add in 2 boosters which ill link here and thats it, with the strength of the nutes its all on the bottle from seedlings to fully grown ect ect its really easy to do, also make sure your water PH is around 5.5 to 6.5 using a ph tester, and you use the PH up and PH down products to adjust.
With the water level ive always put it up as far as i can so it dosnt over flow, once your roots are really long you can fill it lower, just make sure your net pot is submerged and your clay balls are wet and youre all good.
I go to a place called "hydro hill" pretty new place and awesome stuff hes got literally  EVERYTHING you need.
H1QJHd2.jpg

oeNIE1e.jpg

Ahh thanks for all that, yeah I'm going to pop into a hydro shop in my area (Midland-ish way) and see what they have but Ill try get the three GH nutes, 

I'll take some pics of the plumbing in mine to show you, but super simple design, drew up a paint schematic so you get the idea :)
2ds4sa0.jpg

But yeah so I guess with that I just cut the drain shorter to lower the water level? 

Thanks for all the info... Keep the glog updated so I can keep learning :)

Yeah all from Bunnings, I get a tiny leak in one of the joins (like a drip every hour or so) but that's no big deal, I'll just chuck some thread tape around it and it should solve the issue.

But was actually surprised that I didn't need to use any silicon actually.

Some fresh root growth from the DWC, when i put them into the new net pots and tub i had to trim some of the roots so the wernt visable, a week or so later im getting big fast root growth from all the plants :)
They might look a bit dirty atm thats just because of the nutrient im using atm it can get a bit green.

aUgSK2B.jpg

XKuLpAb.jpg

FFzZIJj.jpg

ke4Irh9.jpg

Things look great down there, Jiri - makes me yearn for the Spring/Summer
to arrive here.  I always enjoy looking at the Aussie grows during our winter.
There's always a chili pod ripening somewhere in the world   :D

The new root growth on those hydro plants look very promising...

PaulG said:
Things look great down there, Jiri - makes me yearn for the Spring/Summer
to arrive here.  I always enjoy looking at the Aussie grows during our winter.
There's always a chili pod ripening somewhere in the world   :D

The new root growth on those hydro plants look very promising...

thanks man, 2 days later the root size actually trippled haha
will upload more pics

bit of a harvest, still alot more on the plants of the scorpions, also there alot of giant ghost peppers which are almost ripe, the reapers are still taking forever :c
gKRUW8q.jpg

Few months back i relocated the plants from a IBC to the back yard, no room in the IBC anymore so off they went, at this point the plants are alot bigger and are growing really well :)

M7vKc0P.jpg

rfKy8Yq.jpg

ALOT of ghost peppers are growing now they seemed to be crossed by the looks of it, there pretty big and look really red :D

Eo6k86y.jpg

AzuPPT1.jpg

Also i have these crossed also carolina reaper and ghost pepper mabey even a bit of scorpion there not guite sure but look really awesome and mean, some look different and some have a giant stinger on them.
Let me know what you guys think :)

fjqSuID.jpg

WAW0q1W.jpg

ZXM1Ebu.jpg

Back