• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help! can someone help me with this, Please

http://imageshack.us.../dsc0271ec.jpg/

hey, would anybody give me a 2nd opinion with this please? am i right in saying this is due to mildew or fungus? few of my plants have leaves like this,
some may only have a few spots on. should i take the leaves off? would spraying them with camomile tea solution help?

all help would be appreciated :D

cheers chilli heads :D

chris

Looks like the little black spots all around are the cause, magnify em and maybe a little anti fungus/bacterial treatment.

http://imageshack.us.../dsc0271ec.jpg/

few of my plants have leaves like this,

I think "few" and "leaves" are the key phrase here. A few of my plants have a "few" leaves that look something like this.

I'm pretty sure it is not some sort of pest infestation, I don't think it has anything to do with the way I am treating them.. just a happenstance on a few leaves on a few plants. Might be some sort of fungus or otherwise, but as long as it is not threatening your whole crop, I don't think it is much to worry about.

It looks like you must have plucked this leaf off. I'm not plucking these leaves off, if the plants otherwise look health I'm just letting nature take its course and letting them grow out or fall out on their own. I think they will be OK. I'm not savvy enough for 100% of the leaves to look 100% perfect on 100% of my plants. If it isn't a substantial plague, I say just go with it.

That is a leaf spot disease. Its hard to say which kind because you would need an electron microscope to look at the spores.

Research leaf spot diseases to learn more. A very common one is cercospora leaf spot. It occurs on just about any plant. There a few very common leaf spot diseases that are not host specific.

I would pick off the affected leaves and avoid over head watering. If you do insist on watering overhead, do so at least two hours before the sun goes down so that the foliage has time to dry. Wet leaves and soil splashing back onto the plant are common ways for a plant to become infected.

I should also add that the dark, purple border and concentric rings are dead give away clues of what you are looking for.

Back