• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help! Deformed leafs and flower drop

Hello, I'm growing hot peppers and have found a couple of unexplained issues. I used 10.10.10 npk for the first couple of months until the peppers started flowering then I used 5.10.10 now I'm using calmag to try to fix the flower drop. Lots of flower drop! I water every other day due to the heat 90-100Deg with a 60 percent shade cloth covering my raised dirt beds.it seems to be only affecting 1 of my 2 beds. Please help
cfd5b7017f2277a940d46fdba9dcf8c1.jpg
b776410fc8ce00a07f44fffddafdd0ab.jpg
57ef035919d12a5c2824aedfd9f4597e.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I've had some of those, hopefully someone will post the list of things that cause it. I'm still vetting quite a few pods setting so I'm not too worried about it

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

when I had an aphid issue my plants looked the same, curled new growth and buds turning yellow and dropping. I am sure there could be other reasons why as well, but when I got rid of the aphids the new growth normalized. So check for pests first.

Elpicante said:
I cured that yellowish tone in my babies with Epsom Salt. 1tbs in a qt spray bottle in the am once a week plus a 1/4 tsp as top dress. Water the Epsom into the soil too
Epsom salt really seemed to help my plants too

Well I did both because of the sever state of my own plants. Are you getting leaf drops as well? I'll do both but that is just me.

Back