• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help diagnose problem

My Amarillo is getting these spots on its leaves is this a Nute problem?

1_zpsymite026.jpg

moruga welder said:
don't think its fert burn my friend .     :onfire:

You think its a mold or fungus?  I'm googling and that's the closest thing I can find but my leaves are never wet.. I was thinking a Mag deficiency maybe?  

how old are the plants ? getting them calcium ,mag , .

moruga welder said:
the leaf growth on the other branch look like their lacking something 

moruga welder said:

the leaf growth on the other branch look like their lacking something 

Well its been growing since March in a 5 gallon bag just hit it with 5-1-1 a week ago , It's an Amarillo about 4 foot tall full of 4 inch Green pods for at least 2 months now taking forever to ripen (I hear this is normal for Amarillo's)  One thing I did read was they don't like heat like others and I have had it in full sun for a month or so,

moruga welder said:
maybe move it so it gets only about 6 hours of sun 

OK these pictures make it look bad but its not that bad.. It looks like it needs a bit of water but I just filed it up last night.. I did notice from the pics I got a muncher running a muk I didn't see before. --------I think he goes back under the shade cloth -- Is BT safe to use on plants with flowers and pods?

1_zpshawktzre.jpg

2_zpswrwobjjf.jpg

3_zpsbqxadtnt.jpg

don't think its fert burn my friend .     :onfire:

Come on - you tell him ;)

Hi, Mr. BLS Reaper Man here ...

If that plant did get wet more, it would probably be gone already ...

The matched necrotic spot on the pod is likely confirmation of bacterial leaf spot.

grantmichaels said:

The matched necrotic spot on the pod is likely confirmation of bacterial leaf spot.
was gonna but  was ready for bed , had long day at the fair . yes it sure looks like a bacterial spot  , it does look like you have a muncher also . that poor plant looks rough my friend .  you could  try a 90/10 , 90 being h2o2 and the 10 hyd. peroxide in the soil . 

moruga welder said:
was gonna but  was ready for bed , had long day at the fair . yes it sure looks like a bacterial spot  , it does look like you have a muncher also . that poor plant looks rough my friend .  you could  try a 90/10 , 90 being h2o2 and the 10 hyd. peroxide in the soil . 

I don't know how its possible the foliage never gets wet I water from the bottom and this summer has to be the driest in years, But anyway guess i'm on my way to pick up some copper and Calcium will do the peroxided to just in-case.
grantmichaels said:

I sure hope not this year has been the driest in years-- That pepper is not necrotic its the flower ring that got stuck on it and the pepper has grown around it :)

Back