• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help for the habeneros

Im very new to this. I have habeneros , ghost, scotch bonnets and fatalis, all planted in 5 gal. containers. All is fine, except the habs. They continue to develop holes all over the upper leaves. I recently put out some organic stuff for slugs recommended by Piedmont f & g. Im spraying neem oil also. I havent seem any sort of insects etc. Need help

Earwigs, catapillars, slugs, groshoppers, and others?

Try spreading some diatomaceous earth around the soil and bonide 218 citrusfruit and orchard spray or 7 dust. That should do the trick!

Check them at night. Right now my main upper leaf pests are leafhoppers, grasshoppers, and the occasional japanese beetle. The leafhoppers are tiny green slivers and difficult to see on top of leaves unless you look very closely. "So far" this year the grasshoppers are tiny ones too. These pests seem to prefer my okra leaves but when I put Sevin on the leaves it gets rid of them... then we get about 30 drops of rain, just enough to wash it off. :rolleyes:

Back