• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help, Identification

Hey guys, i have some plants, as i am not to sure what they are, i was wondering if anyone, could shed some light on the situation?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Number 1.

not%20sure.JPG

not%20sure%202.JPG

This plants fruit is very soft, and juicy, i have never come across anything like this.

Has a fair heat to it too. great flavor.

Number 2.

not%20sure%20n1.JPG

not%20sure%20n12.JPG

Small fruit on it, as you can see, but is hot, and loaded full of seeds inside.

Thanks guys.

Regards

Luke​

gday Flex

#1 the fleshy looking pod (maybe a little wrinkly???) and the treelike shrub makes me think a type of cap. baccatum - what do the flowers look like - white with yellow spots by any chance? are all pods round at the end (the photo looks like some may have pointy ends...)? does it have a long growing period? fruity flavour?

#2 my best guess - cap. annuum - a variety of chile piquin!

hey I'm probably wrong on both counts but it's fun trying to work it out!

Mark

Hey Mark,

Ok in response to Q1: It does get a little wrinkly when it gets older. Here is the flower on it.

not%20sure%20flower%203.JPG

Growing, it is quite fast and prolific and all fruits are round on the bottom, and very fruity flavor.

Anyways, hope this helps :)

Regards :) :shocked:

Luke

yeah I thought it could have been a hab also - I'm using Peppers Of The World as my pictorial guide. variety one looks like USDA# 257071 p.82, however this one doesn't appear to have the wrinkly pod. now USDA# 439373 p.50 is the pod I think it is. pod length 1.75 inches and pod width 0.75 inch, from Costa Rica, common name unk, though it says white flowers with yellow spots and the new pic doesn't look to have any yellow spots so as I said before - I'm probably wrong!

still don't know about variety 2

Mark

Hi Luke

Number 1 is definately an annuum and not a Hab. Have got a clue what it is though but its a lovely looking plant.

Number 2 is similar to Nosegay (ammazzo) which Ive grown a few times:

AmmazzoPods.jpg

Back