• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help identifying leaf issue

Hello all,

I've been doing a bunch of digging and not 100% sure on what this issue is. It looklike manganese issue? Or possibly light too close?

Lcw3ZqP.jpg

ok here is the deal with light, put your hand below the light source just above the plant. count to 10, hand feels hot raise the light source. feed it some kelp extract.

Hmm still trying to figure this one out. Its DEF not too hot. I can hold my hand under it for quite some time and it barely gets warm. Here is some additional pictures. This is indoor hydroponic DWC. I have another plant on the same nutes, same water, everything and it has none of these issues.

yfeYpBU.jpg

0qb5Qcv.jpg

4HFNchB.jpg

New growth is mostly unaffected it seems.
jZoumgZ.jpg

Plant is growing and is fruiting nicely. Leaves dont really appear to have gotten worse in the last week or two .

Id would personally remove the affected leaves if they bothered me that much, it would stimulate growth anyway.(depends on how many pepper plants u got)
But its up to you.
You could also see if it persists after that.

kingduckling said:
Id would personally remove the affected leaves if they bothered me that much, it would stimulate growth anyway.(depends on how many pepper plants u got)
But its up to you.
You could also see if it persists after that.

So I've removed a ton of leaves back then just to see what happened. Issue persists but plant appears to be growing healthy. None of the leaves get brown and wilt or die. Plant is fruiting tons, but weird leaf issue perists. It happens on new growth too. Whats weird is the leaves at the very bottom of the plant are perfect. No signs of any pests other than fungus gnats, but I think they are taken care of. I've seen one in the last 3 days.

Could it be due to low humidity? It hovers around 35%

dxtD1ep.jpg

rLaVsQR.jpg

lvEoPd3.jpg

Happens with indoor plants. I have heard that its Humidity related. Moved my plants outside problem went away...

SvtCobra said:
   Happens with indoor plants. I have heard that its Humidity related. Moved my plants outside problem went away...

I was thinking it might be humidity since its rather low.. dont really know of a good way to increase it since I hate AC running...

Ayeso said:

I was thinking it might be humidity since its rather low.. dont really know of a good way to increase it since I hate AC running...
 Humidifier is the only way. I used one on and off for a couple months mine where under the LED

SvtCobra said:
 Humidifier is the only way. I used one on and off for a couple months mine where under the LED

Thought so. I tented them up completely and have been misting them every 6 hours or so, but was going to grab a humidifier today!

Back