• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Help Me Choose 6

I have 6 super hots in 5 gallon buckets. A bunch of Jals, serranos, Thai, and orange habs. I am looking for 6 chilis at or above serranos in heat and below superhots. It's a little late in the game but I am building a greenhouse and looking to keep these guys growing for years. They will eventually live in 10 gallon containers. I will be ordering live plants and I have to do it in quantities of 6.

I did a bit of research on favorites on a few prior threads here and I came up with this list. What 6 would you recommend for me out of this list. Or another pepper if it meets my criteria! ^_^

Yellow Fatalii

Red Savina

Bonda Ma Jacques

Lemon Drop

Jamaican Hot Chocolate

Datil

Bahamian Goat

Goat's Weed

Wild Brazil

Def Fatalii and Goatsweed.

This is my first year growing Goatsweed and I haven't even tried them yet...this site has me super pumped about them. 

Maybe consider a baccatum?

Maybe...to match your user name also: the annuum Jamaican mushrooms

Yep I got pretty jazzed about them as well after hearing so many positive's from this site. Not too mention they appear to be exceptionally good at over wintering.

The Lemon Drop is a baccatum from chiliplantsdotcom. I was thinking this was the "Aji Limon"? :/

Thanks for the feedback :)

this is my first year in a long time with peppers, most varieties i have didn't even seem to exist 10 years ago when i had a large garden, but my favorite all time so far has been chocolate habanero, good heat and much better taste to me

Goats weed and manzano. They are both really easy to over winter here in cali. goatsweed for drying and manzano for fresh eating.

I have become a big fan of the Datil pepper after having some datil pepper sauces, growing them this year and will overwinter a plant for sure. 

Wow!  You know how to make life difficult!  If I reeeeaaaaallllyyyyy had to choose (oh lawdy never let me really be in this position)

Yellow Fatalii
Red Savina
Bonda Ma Jacques
Lemon Drop
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Datil
Bahamian Goat
Goat's Weed
Wild Brazil

I would select the underlined - gives you a good spread: the Bonda ma Jaques, Datil, Fatalii and Lemon Drop are similar looking but the Fatalii stands out as having a very different flavour to the rest.  Goat's Weed - well just try it!  Bahamian Goat - beautiful with a fantastic flavour - typical proper scotch bonnet flavour (fruit with definite citrus kick).  Red Savina - cos you need some red in your grow!  Wild Brazil cos it is prolific and has a unique fruit loops flavour.

Cheers

Lemon Drop, Datil, Wild Brazil are top notch and very unique.
Goat's weed is nice if you love (like me) "dry" heat but if you've already some Thais may be redundant.
Jamaican Choc is always nice to have if you don't grow any other brown/chocolate variety.
Get yourself some bird peppers / chiltepins to fill the last slots.

Cya

Datil

Which plant vendor(s) will you be buying from?  I'd like to see what varieties they have.

(Given my pepper mania :crazy: , I might wind up buying some myself!)

Yellow Fatalii

Jamaican Hot Chocolate

Goat's Weed

Wild Brazil

MoA Scotch Bonnet

SB7J (Red Scotch Bonnet x 7 Pot Jonah cross) ... this one might be a little hotter than you are looking for, but is a great pepper!

Some of these may have to be started from seed as they may not be available as live plants.

out of that selection fatalii, lemon drop and wild brazil(thanks aji joe) are my favs but all on that list are good peppers, but might i suggest if you love the choc habs, i think you will also love the jamaican hot chocolate

I suggest replacing lemon drop with the Lemon Drop x Chiltepin cross going around that Mike Hess made.  Those little berries are AWESOME!

MOA Scotch Bonnet

Tepin Drop

Bishops Crown

Fatali 

Rocoto (any variety but so far I am liking Turbo Pube)

Goats Weed 

would be  a well rounded combo IMO.  Annuum, Chinense, Baccatum and Pubescens   :D  I also hear great things about frutescens especially the Donne Sali and Guam Boonie, but I've NEVER tried one   :'(

Back