• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Help me figure out what to grow next year (sweet/mild only)

Ok, this year I'm going to plan ahead and get my seeds ordered so I 'm not doing all of the work last minute and can start an earlier indoor grow (will  beef up the rig to handle it).  I enjoy hot peppers and can figure those out but my wife doesn't do HOT peppers.  Jalapeno's are her limit, and even then they need to be mild jalapenos.  Thus needing your help with the sweets/milds.  

Peppers I know she has liked:
Bells (Yellow, orange, and red, dislikes green)
Some random pepper from when we were in Europe that was pickled stuffed with cheese.  I want to say cherry but I'm not sure.  It had no heat whatsoever.  I really liked these as well.  

I've already picked up:
Bulls Heart
Golden Rocoto
Datil Sweet
Tinidad Perfume
Bishops Hat

What Bells should I pick up?  Any other Rocoto's?  Anything else that mild pepper lovers will like?

I'm picking from these hot's and superhots for next year for myself (already have the seeds).  BOLD are the definitely plant list and italic are in this years garden.  Not much garden space so I'm not sure if there are any others that will get planted.  
Petenero
Datil
Fatali <--Top want next year based on the threads saying how fantastic they taste
Red Bhut Jolokia
Red Douglah-offspring
7-Pot Red
Douglah
Naga Morich
7-pod brain strain red
Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw
Butch-T Scorpion
Moruga scorpion

If you want a tasty bell (or any sweet pepper) try some italian varieties, or any variety from the balkans. Also the greek Stavros. 

Off the top of my head... Jimmy Nardello has next to no heat and tastes fantastic. And if you are looking for something really sweet, Chocolate Beauty/Sweet Chocolate bells are great.

gasificada said:
Off the top of my head... Jimmy Nardello has next to no heat and tastes fantastic. And if you are looking for something really sweet, Chocolate Beauty/Sweet Chocolate bells are great.
How thick are the walls on the peppers?  I've seen that mentioned a few times in other threads so I'll probably had the Jimmy Nardello.  I'll also look at the Chocolate Bells.  

mstang1988 said:
How thick are the walls on the peppers?  I've seen that mentioned a few times in other threads so I'll probably had the Jimmy Nardello.  I'll also look at the Chocolate Bells.  

The Jimmy Nardellos? Thin walls from what I can remember. Good for frying, good for drying, or just pluck 'em and eat 'em fresh. ;)

I haven't actually grown them for a few years now. I keep meaning to but always forget! It's not until I run into a thread like this that I'm like, "Oh damn, that's right... gotta get some more Jimmy's going!!". They are deffo worth growing if you are looking for something really sweet and tasty IMO.

How about some super sweet peppers with high brix levels, and productive?

- Super Shephard: http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/i120.html
- Chervana Chuska: http://www.seedsavers.org/onlinestore/pepper/Pepper-Chervena-Chushka-OG.html
- Pepper Carmen: http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/i241.html

Rainbow Chili Seeds has a few more super sweet ones, read the descriptions carefully to know which ones: http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/c5_p1.html

Personally i wouldn't grow any of the standard bells. The plants aren't productive enough and the peppers are fairly low flavor imho, but it's up to you to decide!

gasificada beat me to it... Jimmy Nardellos are a great sweet pepper. I grow them every year and consider them the best sweet pepper I have had. They are thin walled(+1 to me) and they have no heat. They are great right off the plant especially when I snack on some super hots while walking through the garden and want to calm done the burn.

I am going to repeat the Nardello suggestion. They are compact, prolific, and sweet as candy. You could also try Biquinhos or Brazilian Pumpkin. Hot Cherry peppers are much milder than jalapenos with a fruity flavor and fat walls for stuffing or pickling.

grimmpepper said:
Cubanelles and Corning Di Toros are really good sweet peppers. Fushimis are another good sweet pepper,really neat shape as well.
I wanted to recommend the same Corni Di Toro, cubanelles and Feher Ozone - all 3 very tasty, prolific and a relaxed grow.

Personally i wouldn't grow any of the standard bells. The plants aren't productive enough and the peppers are fairly low flavor imho, but it's up to you to decide![/quote]

+1

I am tired of plants with 2 sweet peppers hanging on them

Back