• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help me ID these peppers!

So i bought this plan on sale for two dollars and the label said Carolina reaper and these do not look like any reapers.
Last batch last year stayed orange. Habanero possibly?  I attached imgur link to make it easier. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/1QgOigg

Dulac said:
Looks like a habanero

Most do but this one not smooth skin like all habs I've ever seen....

0LVIKWk.jpg

Possible cross?

I agree with TNECM, the first photo is notably different from the usual habanero.

Drawing from my limited experience with a storebought $2 scorpion pepper plant that seems more like a scorpion crossed with some other super-hot, such crosses seem to show quite a bit of phenotypic variety on a single plant (not because its a cross, but because that seems to be a characteristic of some of the super-hots). In contrast, I've never seen a habanero vary towards having bumpy skin. I have, however, seen that weird scorpion plant spit out both smooth and bumpy fruits. Just my 2c. though.

Pimental said:
     I agree with TNECM, the first photo is notably different from the usual habanero.

Drawing from my limited experience with a storebought $2 scorpion pepper plant that seems more like a scorpion crossed with some other super-hot, such crosses seem to show quite a bit of phenotypic variety on a single plant (not because its a cross, but because that seems to be a characteristic of some of the super-hots). In contrast, I've never seen a habanero vary towards having bumpy skin. I have, however, seen that weird scorpion plant spit out both smooth and bumpy fruits. Just my 2c. though.

At least we know it's C. chinense with multiple fruit per node!~

WUCMDxr.jpg

Back