• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help me out here

Was discussing super hot chillies on another site were we were didcussing Butch T Scorps as opposed to Bih Jolokias for a backyard grower that has an honesty box out the front. I suggested Bih as they grow like stink and have a name "Ghost"
Then some other bloke dropped this comment
Quote " The top 5 in the million scoville club are all related and left their habaneros ancestor behind.None are hotter than the others and it comes down to how individual fruit and plants are cultivated.I think the accolades given to Dorset Naga for a 1.598 million scoville fruit are undeserved. end quote.

what is true and what is bunk :crazy:

We need a link to the qoute to get a better understanding. :hell: Sounds like he is full of hot air to me.

Was discussing super hot chillies on another site were we were didcussing Butch T Scorps as opposed to Bih Jolokias for a backyard grower that has an honesty box out the front. I suggested Bih as they grow like stink and have a name "Ghost"
Then some other bloke dropped this comment
Quote " The top 5 in the million scoville club are all related and left their habaneros ancestor behind.None are hotter than the others and it comes down to how individual fruit and plants are cultivated.I think the accolades given to Dorset Naga for a 1.598 million scoville fruit are undeserved. end quote.

what is true and what is bunk :crazy:

For a a start I don't think the Dorset Naga was ever tested at that level?? More around the 1.0 million mark I believe.

Here tis, It started out as a choko discussion, Scroll down to the bottom.
BTW, Anyone can post there.
http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/forum/chokos/

growing conditions can influence the heat of the chillie a lot the dryer the soil the hotter you get. 1 chillie on 1 plant in drought conditions would create a killer of a pod imao :mouthonfire:

Yes they can but to say it in such a broad way is misleading. A drought Dorset may well be hotter than a crappy grown Scorpion however he has not stated his list of five. :P

Yes they can but to say it in such a broad way is misleading. A drought Dorset may well be hotter than a crappy grown Scorpion however he has not stated his list of five. :P

That is why I asked here first before saying anything in reply.
I don't want to belittle the bloke, Not many people know shit from clay when it comes to chili's,
Including me :beer:
But I know where the real weirdos are :mouthonfire:

Back