• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help me save my plants!!

ablizno said:

i have not used any chemical on my plants before taking this picture, I got some Sevin to deal with the little white nats since posting this.
then its sunburn, are you top down watering?  just wetting the entire plant and leaving it in the sun, big no no.  water droplets act as magnifying glasses and concentrate the suns rays.

Topsmoke said:
then its sunburn, are you top down watering?  just wetting the entire plant and leaving it in the sun, big no no.  water droplets act as magnifying glasses and concentrate the suns rays.
I think that it may be from me rubbing the egg things off too hard. Noticed I thinned some spots of the leaves and didn't think of this. I try to just water the soil as I noticed that when I got them wet they were too weak and fell over. The wind however has helped make them a bit stronger. Thanks going to fertilize them and see if they do better.

BigB, Butch Ts are somewhat finicky.  Like some other superhots (reaper, primo) they seem to be sensitive to fert and pH imbalance, possibly requiring an abnormal amount of certain nutes. 

Japs are like weeds.  Anyone can grow them.  Heck, birds grow them.  Good thing they're so rewarding. ;)  

Don't be discouraged.  You'll learn soon enough.  I thought I knew a lot, then I moved to a new part of the country...  In the end, a healthy chili plant is sufficient reward. 

Good luck.

ablizno said:
I think that it may be from me rubbing the egg things off too hard. Noticed I thinned some spots of the leaves and didn't think of this. I try to just water the soil as I noticed that when I got them wet they were too weak and fell over. The wind however has helped make them a bit stronger. Thanks going to fertilize them and see if they do better.
if theyre stressed, which they are. i would not fertilize or you could lose them.  plants synthesis most of their own nutrients from sun water and co2.  the amounts of inorganic salts they pull from the soil are ridiculously small.  most soil already has sufficient nutrients for plants to survive.  let them recover before jacking them up on liquid ferts.  some times plants just get stressed for whatever reason and its out of your control.

Topsmoke said:
if theyre stressed, which they are. i would not fertilize or you could lose them.  plants synthesis most of their own nutrients from sun water and co2.  the amounts of inorganic salts they pull from the soil are ridiculously small.  most soil already has sufficient nutrients for plants to survive.  let them recover before jacking them up on liquid ferts.  some times plants just get stressed for whatever reason and its out of your control.

Thanks, yeah I really don't want to feed them yet cuz they just now got flower buds and I'm terrified of destroying them, already lost most of my Fatali plants due to various reasons and dont want to kill these last 3. I plugged the bad leaves and the plant has recovered amazingly. its getting pretty big now, might have to change containers soon

Back