• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help My Carolina Reaper is showing some weird leaf issues :(

Flush the medium and check the ph of the run off i suspect it to be a tad high for example, phosphorous is almost completely locked out at ph7.5. check the ph of the water you are using and change the medium and repot, keep the plant in the dark for a good 12hrs or repot at night and dont fert for a couple of weeks. should come right i reckon. ;)
user141080_pic834110_1328774086_zps629c8af8.jpg

If I was in your shoes, I would flush the soil with plain ph'd water then your last flush give it 1/4 to half strength balanced fertilizer. If it has micro nutrients and all what a plant needs that would be even better. I don't see why this would not work. In my past I had ph issues, nutrient lock outs that caused serious issues if not dealt with. A flush never did not fix my situation.

Woke up this morning and checked it, it got worse... So I flushed the miracle grow(MG) seed starter and added some regular soil off the hillside (my peppers did great in it last year) and gave it a good soaking again in a better draining pot. I talked to another friend who said that MG stuff seemed to way over fertilize anything he planted in it last year, so he mixes it with regular soil to help.

Should I put it in a low light area to lessen the uptake of nutrients for a few days?

7AsNGPa.jpg

EueLJB7.jpg

EueLJB7.jpg

NJM936W.jpg

9n93oQq.jpg

jw6vkQH.jpg

WopN5VD.jpg

It's still weird to me that the bottoms of even the most affected leaves don't show hardly any signs......?

Again, Thanks for the replies and advice guys, at least I have 12 other different seedlings going. I'm going to start some more Reaper seeds tonight along with some Giant Ghost peppers.....  

I'm going to be so bummed if I lose this plant though, I started it back in Nov hoping to get a really good jump on the season. 

Back