• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Help! Overwinter bhut wasnt in good shape

I pruned this guy around october 2012 and here he is now.
It is started flowering 2 months ago until now.
some leaves are wilting but not all,
i suspect the pot is too small, i cant put it on a bigger pot because for some reason i dont want to bring a big ass pot here at work lol! I just dose it with a epsom salt. I hope it will work. lighting is not a problem here, we have lights here 24/7. any comments are welcome! thanks

8608078617_5647a2e65e_z.jpg

8609185258_3e0b456795_z.jpg

I can't really tell. What size is that pot? If it's a 5 gal. I'd say it should be fine, just don't expect much pods if any due to the pot size and probably lighting.

The plant looks healthy to me, and looks very nice. Good luck.

,Vegas

I can't really tell. What size is that pot? If it's a 5 gal. I'd say it should be fine, just don't expect much pods if any due to the pot size and probably lighting.

The plant looks healthy to me, and looks very nice. Good luck.

,Vegas
you could easily notice the branch that doesnt have a leaves on it? they fell, leafs edges turned yellow before they fell

Have you noticed any bugs on the leaves or stems? Any color change in the soil? Any textural change to the stems or trunk? Are you allowing the leaves to droop a tad between waterings? Were the leaves that fell off there before pruning, or did you remove all the leaves as part of the pruning process? Like Vegas_Chile said, it doesn't look bad in those pics.

Needs more(closer)light, but not 24/7
Too much magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) is not good.
As it's at work, you prolly can't do much about the duration of the light, but a dose of fish emulsion might make it happy for a while.
You can compensate for a small pot with ferts for a while, but eventually it will salt up and die without re-potting with fresh soil.

IMHO, of course.

epsom salt might help out, yellow leaf edges could be Mg or Potassium (potash) deficiency. Epsom fixes the Mg, Look for a mild fert high in K or just a balanced fert.
12cpo07a3f1.jpg

Seriously... i think once the plants reach a certain size.... they want sunlight (or higher wattage lights). My plants are starting to ge tpretty large, and I am noticing that they are beginning to look a little less healthy. My theory is that its not because of over/under watering/feeding, disease/pest, or lack of love... (I water/feed them properly, and they have no pests)... so it must be that the florescent lights just aren't cutting it anymore. They want more intense light.

Have you noticed any bugs on the leaves or stems? Any color change in the soil? Any textural change to the stems or trunk? Are you allowing the leaves to droop a tad between waterings? Were the leaves that fell off there before pruning, or did you remove all the leaves as part of the pruning process? Like Vegas_Chile said, it doesn't look bad in those pics.
no bugs, soil is normal, stem is very healthy, yes i removed all the leaves when i pruned.. and i have noticed that the new leaves are very healthy! just those leaves underneath that i thought doesnt get enough light because the leaves on the top was covering them from the source of light is wilting, and will drop in a certain amount of days. thats just my concern.

Seriously... i think once the plants reach a certain size.... they want sunlight (or higher wattage lights). My plants are starting to ge tpretty large, and I am noticing that they are beginning to look a little less healthy. My theory is that its not because of over/under watering/feeding, disease/pest, or lack of love... (I water/feed them properly, and they have no pests)... so it must be that the florescent lights just aren't cutting it anymore. They want more intense light.
I think you are right, i cant wait to put this guy outside.

epsom salt might help out, yellow leaf edges could be Mg or Potassium (potash) deficiency. Epsom fixes the Mg, Look for a mild fert high in K or just a balanced fert.
12cpo07a3f1.jpg
closest example from above pics is the nitrogen problem.

How wet is your soil?
I water only when the soil is dry. maybe 1-2/week

Back