• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help pick the extras

Trying to minimize my grow this year and have already settled on 12-16 varieties but just scored a bunch of new seeds thanks to Brain Strain Pepper Head and am looking for input on which 2-5 additional strains to start here's the choices

Devils Tongue Red
Devils Tongue Yellow
Devils Tongue Chocolate
Sweet Scorp
King Naga
Black Naga
Monster Naga
Yellow Bhut
7 Pot Devil
Peach Bhut

And from John Ford

Black naga hybrid
Kraken scorpion

Gonna let you guys decide since I don't have experience with most of these

I have dried Black Naga pods and despite it has a floral flavor like the Butch T which a lot of people dislike, it is quite good. Yellow or peach Bhut should be good too.
No experience with the others, never heard of the 7 Pot Devil. Is it a new variety or just very rare?

chilli whisperer said:
Dang what's a kraken scorpion?

Thanks for the input everyone but keep em coming Im gonna totally go by your guys votes !
Zoli said:
I have dried Black Naga pods and despite it has a floral flavor like the Butch T which a lot of people dislike, it is quite good. Yellow or peach Bhut should be good too.
No experience with the others, never heard of the 7 Pot Devil. Is it a new variety or just very rare?
Not sure but am about to find out

Zoli said:
7 Pot x Red Devils Tongue

Spankyscolts said:
Have ya grown it ??
not grown it, but I at a box last summer and powdered another box. truly tasty! I have a couple different chocolates sprouting for this year and limited space, or I would grow this one side by side with Devil's Tongue white. I smoked both with pecan and called it "Ebony and Ivory" best powder I made last year.

I would go with the devil's tongue selection, if you don't already have them in your "certified" planting.
As you likely already have some bhuts and 7 pots, and probably some Naga or Naga crosses.

But then, I like a variety of types, and the only ones this year that got more than 5 spots in my grow are the SB7J's.

Back