• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Help please

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a little problem i have. Not sure if it is normal, but i guess i will find out soon :P

I have some Bhut Jolokia, Safi, Choc Congo, Big Sun, Mustard Hab, now the problem is i went to harvest some seeds from them, yes the pods were ripe on the plant.

But when i went to get some seeds from the pods to save them, all the pods had like maybe 2 seeds in them?????

Now all my other varieties are fine, full of seeds!

Help please. Anyone

I noticed on my Bhut Jolokia plant, and I've heard other people mention that they don't produce a lot of seeds. I haven't grown the others, so I can't say.

I don't know about all the varieties. But I have found with some of the hotter ones that they are a bit mean on giving seeds back.

Maybe if you're trying to save them, take a cutting from them and clone them into smaller pots, so the plants will still grow and you wont even have to start them from seed :)

I don't know about the Bhut Jolokia, Safi, and Mustard Hab. But I've grown Chocolate Congo and Big Sun peppers and mine had a good amount of seeds in the pods.

Alan

Back