• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds HELP: Seeds around Toronto

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a place in or around toronto thats got a seletion of hot pepper seeds. If not, then has anyone tried to import from the states or EU and if so, from what dealer?

Craiggger said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a place in or around toronto thats got a seletion of hot pepper seeds. If not, then has anyone tried to import from the states or EU and if so, from what dealer?

Not sure about Canada But heres one i would recommend..

http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/

you will have no problems getting them from Vladan and lots of people here grow his seeds :)

There isn't many place in Canada, I usually trade seeds or buy from several U.S. seed sources.
You can try www.stokeseeds.com but they won't have all the trendy peppers since they supply mostly Ontario and Canada. They also carry a lot of hybrid seeds which can be beneficial in our climate

No, my grammer ain't good:)
I've had to straighten them out a few times at Richters, since their peppers were always labelled wrong. Also I wouldn't recommend ordering live plants since they are usually small, overpriced, and often damaged in shipping. You'd be better off making the drive or just buying seeds

I bought seeds from Stokes and from Victory Seed Co. You are limited in what you can get from both places as neither seems to have that great of a selection.

I'd love to get my hands on some Bishops Crown, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere that isn't going to cause me an arm and a leg or have import issues.

Potawie,

I can't comment on their (Richters) plants but, the seeds I've ordered over the past three years have all grown true. Maybe I've been lucky.

There are a number of very good sources in Canada if you go the mail order route but I think the OP wants something in driving distance.

For other Canuck’s interested, I’ve found this link useful:

http://www.seeds.ca/hpd/csci.php?species=Pepper

I've never had a problem with Richter's seeds or anything I purchased from their wonderful store, the problems I had were with delivery of live plants and with the their improper descriptions/species names on pepper plants and seeds. They were however quick to respond to my critisisms and concerns.

Hey, no issues Potawie.

"their wonderful store"? Never been there, but if you say it's decent I believe you. By being on their case, you’re probably responsible for my seeds growing true, thank you. I just posted the link because my experience has been positive.

Peace my friend. I still remember I owe you a steak cooked on a BGE LOL. Weather is getting better here in Eastern Ont.

Bill

Blister,

Send me an email at ottawapepper (at) hotmail (dot) com.

I have 7 or 8 Bishop Crown seeds. I can send you 3 or 4. Can't gaurentee purity but WTH, you can give them a shot.

Bill

ottawapepper said:
Blister,

Send me an email at ottawapepper (at) hotmail (dot) com.

I have 7 or 8 Bishop Crown seeds. I can send you 3 or 4. Can't gaurentee purity but WTH, you can give them a shot.

Bill

Thanks man! That would kick SO MUCH ASS! I'll take what I can get and give them a shot!

Back