• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help to identify the problem

MOISTURE!!  i would say 70-80% of probs are moisture related.  Since the leaves look generally healthy your soil mix isnt draining that well.  it dosent seem severe though, it will work itself out as the plants water needs increase and you eventually re-pot.  could do it now but unless it starts looking real sad i wouldnt worry too much.  just make sure the next pot drains well. otherwise looks like a happy little plant. upon further examination of your pic it doesnt look like they are in actual pots, more like yogurt containers or something,theyre not draining right.  the light spots on the leaves are from nutrient lock up -excess water, see the black spots at the leaves edge, necrosis but not dry and papery like fertil burn black because ... you guessed it excess moisture.

Scorched said:
Are you fertilizing and if so with what and how much?

not very much, some 6-3-6 fertilizer once a month and once I gave them some calmag

moruga welder said:
:welcome: to T.H.P.  !      :onfire:   looks damp in the planter ,  and some bacterial going on  

i probably should of just asked for the whole schedule , eh lol       :onfire:

looks damp  because I had just watered them, occasionally I give them to dry out

Topsmoke said:
MOISTURE!!  i would say 70-80% of probs are moisture related.  Since the leaves look generally healthy your soil mix isnt draining that well.  it dosent seem severe though, it will work itself out as the plants water needs increase and you eventually re-pot.  could do it now but unless it starts looking real sad i wouldnt worry too much.  just make sure the next pot drains well. otherwise looks like a happy little plant. upon further examination of your pic it doesnt look like they are in actual pots, more like yogurt containers or something,theyre not draining right.  the light spots on the leaves are from nutrient lock up -excess water, see the black spots at the leaves edge, necrosis but not dry and papery like fertil burn black because ... you guessed it excess moisture.

Yes its yogurt containers, but I make some holes in the bottom like in ordinary pot
---------------

I was thinkin mayby its lack of potassium ?

I can't say what is wrong but I can help narrow down... These are just some tips in helping to diagnose plant problems.

Since the brand new leaves are not yellowing, you know that whatever is wrong is not [likely] due to a nutrient deficiency. (Nute deficiency can also be caused by over fertilizing, the roots 'lock up' and won't take in new nutes in causing symptoms that look the same as a deficiency). Over or under fertilizing can show as burning leaves or the brand new growth yellowing. Severely deficient plants can show problems on old and new growth, so the timing that you recognize something is important to consider also.

New growth and old growth react differently to problems. So a good thing to always consider is where the problem is showing itself. If it is new growth showing problems then whatever is happening in the soil right now (or a worm eating the stem from the inside out) is the cause. However, if there was a problem with the lower leaves, and the new growth is lush and green and happy, then whatever problem occurred, likely occurred in the past and you have already fixed it. This is important because a lot of people OVER CARE for their plants. And over caring can turn into other problems.

Typically, if the lower leaves are dying but the new growth seems fine, the plant will also be fine and is [likely] not a lack of nitrogen, but there may be other micro nutrients that are missing. OR, and this is a big one, the PH may be way off. Or, there could be watering issues. OR..... well you can see how it can be very hard to diagnose (correctly) problems on a plant. 

So, sorry I don't know what is wrong, but hopefully something I mentioned helps in the future.   :)

Oh, and sorry for this super confusing post. If it actually makes sense to you, then you already know what I am talking about, or have a good future in diagnosing plants.

disclaimer: the things I mentioned above are by no means "rules." They are just a few of many different possibilities. But good to know IMO. If anyone sees anything I said as incorrect, feel free to correct me, it might only help new diagnosticians. And my post isn't super comprehensive considering the many things that can be... but I know that I have brought many problem plants back to great health, so I know I understand what I do, but it is pretty tough to describe in writing.

Andrey said:

Yes its yogurt containers, but I make some holes in the bottom like in ordinary pot
---------------

I was thinkin mayby its lack of potassium ?
telling you man theyre too wet for too long,  they are too small to have the nutrient issues youre talking about. nutrients move through a plant by evaporation.  as water evaporates from the leave and fruit surfaces it draws more water and nutrients up the plant.  too much water over-saturates the plant not allowing for this process.  yogurt containers do not drain well.  look into making pots out of newspaper.  they work great especially when all pushed together.  i promise you re-pot and watch them improve.

Topsmoke said:
telling you man theyre too wet for too long,  they are too small to have the nutrient issues youre talking about. nutrients move through a plant by evaporation.  as water evaporates from the leave and fruit surfaces it draws more water and nutrients up the plant.  too much water over-saturates the plant not allowing for this process.  yogurt containers do not drain well.  look into making pots out of newspaper.  they work great especially when all pushed together.  i promise you re-pot and watch them improve.
You were right, I put a heat mat under containers, and they look much better now.
So how fast the pot must to dry out, so that the pepper plant can grow normaly? 

heat spurs root growth.  more than likely the plants just grew and are using more water.  they really didnt look that bad to begin with and you may be worrying over nothing.  i have the same issues sometimes when im growing my starts in the winter. they always pull through.  just give more time between waterings but dont let them wilt! this causes alot of stress that the plant may never recover from. you could also buy some vermiculite or perlite and mix some into the soil your using before you re-pot.  like i said before they look happy other wise.  youll prob be fine.

Back