• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

help very bumpy leaves!!

White circles sound like spiralling white fly. Get rid of them asap. Once they settle in you won't get rid of them.

OH.. MAN !!! NOT another bug to put on my enemy list!!( Know your enemy LIST )
thanks for your info Moshman.

Usually it attacks the tree in front of the house and they also attacked my roses. now not more roses in my garden.

i seen severe white fly infestation on my mother in law place. it killed a huge pepper plant.(3 feet in dia. width and 5 feet tall) she did not spay any insecticides because it was full of half ripe pods!!. after the harvest it was too late. the plant began to dry from tips to the branches.

I gave a good spray all round the plant and bottom of the leaves. checked last night .. there were no evidence of any mite ,ant, aphids activity! so far...

is it good if the leaves are dark green in colour(still bumpy but dark green ) ??

this is the updated picture of my bumpy leaves pepper.. i hope to iron out the problem..
the newer leaves are less bumpy now.. need to put some calcium tablets. can anyone tell me what will be the dosage i can use ??
look bottom of the plant .. a late comer!! it really took its time to come out!!

p1030363s.jpg

the older bumpy leaves won't fix themselves. but the new leaves will come out better so long as you hold off on those nutes. =D

thanks for the tips franzb69 ...

i was always under the impression that bumpy leaves like this were a result of too many nutes.

the green "flesh" of the leaves were growing faster than the stem / vein of the leaf - resulting in a bumpy texture

i was always under the impression that bumpy leaves like this were a result of too many nutes.

the green "flesh" of the leaves were growing faster than the stem / vein of the leaf - resulting in a bumpy texture

sooo if you are saying like that... then inbalance of nutes might be the problem. too much nitrogen makes the leaves grow dark green flesh and.. lack of calcium. slows the growth of the stems and veins..

i might be wrong... just an opinion only...

hello
this is a updated picture of the same plant. the leaves are still bumpy the new ones look promising a bit. i hold the nutes for this guy... how long should i hold ? can i put some organic fert. chicken manure ?
p1030442s.jpg

Back