• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help when to pot for a newbie

Hi everyone just wanted know when to pot my seedlings. And one more thing how long should i keep them on the boiler with a light or should i get them out on the windowsill as it only been 12 day from when i planted them so was hoping more will pop up :cheers:

How big are they now? I would let them get atleast their second set of true leaves (don't count the cots) so there is some root structure. I let mine stay till I JUST saw roots poking at the bottom holes. They had their fourth set going on then.

How big are they now? I would let them get atleast their second set of true leaves (don't count the cots) so there is some root structure. I let mine stay till I JUST saw roots poking at the bottom holes. They had their fourth set going on then.

thanks still only got one set of leaves so bit longer

Yeah, what Woody said! lol I always wait until I can see roots growing out of the bottom of either the peat pellet, or out of the bottom of where ever you have you seed mix in. That means the plant has outgrown the place its living, and needs to grow.

This advise works for me too. I usually start putting them out for doppled sunlight once they have at least a true second set of leaves. This is based on the fact that my daytime temps are mdi-60's to mid 70's. After a week of doppled light I start giving them direct sunlight for about 2 hours at a time. Remember that they will need watering more often, once they are outside. I learned this the hard way.
Save the panet... it's the only one with peppers.

This advise works for me too. I usually start putting them out for doppled sunlight once they have at least a true second set of leaves. This is based on the fact that my daytime temps are mdi-60's to mid 70's. After a week of doppled light I start giving them direct sunlight for about 2 hours at a time. Remember that they will need watering more often, once they are outside. I learned this the hard way.
Save the panet... it's the only one with peppers.

Thank for all the help :dance::dance:

Back