• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help with fish emulsion

I just bought some liquid fish emulsion. i have about 100 superhots that are in 1 gallon that are about 4-5 inches. should i use the fish emulsion as a foliar spray or just mix some and water them like i would do without it, and how often do you think? and also i got magnesium sulfate can i mix a tablesoon of that with a gallon and foliarspray them with it. thanks guys

I've never done it myself, but I believe fish emulsion makes a rather smelly foliar spray.

I Use it Both Ways Give Them a Small amount in water and Some Spray at Nights or Super Early Mornings when there Pores are open, Just Make sure Not To Give them The Foliar Spray During High Winds T_T

Rice pudding is correct. You can use it either way.

But the best foliar spray Ive found is in compost teas. B/c they can/will prevent Botrytis Blight, Botrytis Grey Mold, Powdery Mildew and many other plant diseases, but also give your plants essential bacteria and fungi for a healthy plant.

Also u can add fish emulsion to your teas, but don't ever add anything with a preservative or antibiotic. As you would kill some if not most of the good bacteria or fungi.

Hope this helps
L8
Hydro

Ok Now that we are all On the same page, Will Using Water from the water hose and mixing it with the Fish emulsion kill essentials components in the fish emulsion due to the Chlorine in the water?

I've never done it myself, but I believe fish emulsion makes a rather smelly foliar spray.

It may not smell as bad as foliar spray, but watering with it still smells. After watering all my plants my deck smells like dead fish, it's just a matter of what stinks less.

Well, most city water sources don't use Chlorine anymore. More and more cities are switching to Chloramine, because Chlorine can dissipate from the water before it reaches consumers. Chloramine is much much harder to purge.

And no, if you don't have hard water or other issues with your tap water, theres nothing in the Fish Emulsion tap water can/will effect.

L8
Hydro

Back