• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with garden/pepper beds...

I agree with AJ concrete blocks will last for a long time (no wasting money building things twice or more times) but you already knew that. but I'd be cheap & fill in the bottom with whatever I could vs buying more block & tile to fill the bottom in - (free)cheap dirt,rocks, or ?

AJ - :shocked: wow your heart has been through some serious stuff, God has been watching over you. its good to hear you're still alive after what you've been through. dying at a young age is not cool. my cousin died of a heart attack at 36 :shocked: couple years ago.

like RB said "As for the metabolism theory, if they do speed it up it's meant to be so minimal you'd probably never notice the difference. the other health benefits of eating them are brilliant. "

I believe chiles speed up the metabolism but not enough to really notice, & when you're getting older you'll never see the difference. theres way more benefits chiles give than just speed up the metabolism & they are far more important. hot chiles have been considered 1 of those "super foods" to eat.

I have to put a raised bed in my garden this year..last year I did mounds and it worked well but here theres as much rock as there is earth..I had a bit*h of a time sinking in fence posts..I couldnt put my tiller all the way down!!Dunno yet how much but its going to have to be alot...I like the idea with the cinderblocks as a border I might just steal that idea from you..

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I have to put a raised bed in my garden this year..last year I did mounds and it worked well but here theres as much rock as there is earth..I had a bit*h of a time sinking in fence posts..I couldnt put my tiller all the way down!!Dunno yet how much but its going to have to be alot...I like the idea with the cinderblocks as a border I might just steal that idea from you..

If you decide to go with block, check out your local brick/block yard. I found mine for .88 cents delivered verses $1.41
at the local Lowe's. Hope this helps.

Paul

Back