• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with my Datil's

Good morning

Here are a couple pics of my Datil's, with a serious leaf curl issue. I was hoping someone could help out.

I have about 100+/- pepper plants of various species growing, and these seem to have it the worst.
A little background:
All my seeds were started Jan 1st

Homemade potting mix consists of peat moss, top soil, perlite, and homemade compost

Back in early march, I gave all my plants a pinch of bone meal. Approx 2 weeks ago I gave all of them a good fertilizing of Miracle grow with epsom salt mixed in. Last week I gave them a weak mixture of Alaska fish fertilizer.

I bought one of the cheap soil test kits at Lowe's. I know they are not really reliable. But it did show the Ph to be basic, the N to be very high, P to be low, and the K to be high. Once again, i know they are not really reliable
Ive noticed a slight leaf curl in some of the other varieties, but these Datil's have it by far the worst. I know they are ready to be potted up to larger containers, but quite frankly I am scared to touch them

Thanks for the help
-Allen

1304512215.jpg

1304512059.jpg

Mine do that from the direct sun...

I was just going to say that. I moved mine to a location where they receive direct sunlight only in the morning and filtered in the afternoon and the leaves have stopped curling.

Could be a nutrient issue too, but I would try that first.

Mine are in the ground for the long haul, 8 hours of sun, and it gonna be 90 again later this week. Hope it works... did move one to the side of the house with a little less sun. But they say stressed plants make hotter pods... :hell:

Back