• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help with pepper ID

I have a mismarked pepper that is finally at a stage where someone might be able to recognize it. any and all replies welcome.

mysterypepper003.jpg

mysterypepper002.jpg

Dale

IGG, The plant itself is almost identical as it was in April the only thing is the pods went from thier original blackish color to a dark brown to a olive green and then the ripe one was red.

mysterypepperjune2001.jpg

mysterypepperjune2002.jpg

Dale

Here is one of them starting to ripen and the other plant looks like a sibling but it is also mismarked i have it marked as a venezualan purple which i have already found out that it is not. On the 2nd plant some of the pods seem to be more rounded but the one pod looks identical to the first plant

pepperID1004.jpg

pepperID1002.jpg

Dale

IGG, That is definetely the closest thing looks wise to that pepper only thing is I did not aquire any of those seeds. I am going to check some of my sources to see if they could have given me them by mistake. I will surely save some seeds for anyone who wants them.

Dale

thepodpiper said:
IGG, That is definetely the closest thing looks wise to that pepper only thing is I did not aquire any of those seeds. I am going to check some of my sources to see if they could have given me them by mistake. I will surely save some seeds for anyone who wants them.

Dale

Dale - if IGG is correct - protocol demands you send him some of the seeds...or else the pepper karma will come to get you :P

I believe that Chilliman64 has found the right pepper I just looked at an old thread from another forum and the person that I got some seeds from said that it is possible that he gave me Purple Tiger instead of Hinkle Hatz (Chicken Heart). Although IGG has found what looks to be an identical match. But i did not get any of those Chocolate Scotch seeds. If anyone is interested in the seeds regardless of what they are i will save some and be happy to share them.

Dale

You know, I was about to say that it doesn't look variegated enough to be a Purple Tiger or Tri-fetta, but I did a quick google first and there appears to be some variety in variegation and pepper size if the pictures in seed catalogs are to be believed.

thepodpiper said:
I believe that Chilliman64 has found the right pepper I just looked at an old thread from another forum and the person that I got some seeds from said that it is possible that he gave me Purple Tiger instead of Hinkle Hatz (Chicken Heart). Although IGG has found what looks to be an identical match. But i did not get any of those Chocolate Scotch seeds. If anyone is interested in the seeds regardless of what they are i will save some and be happy to share them.

Dale

I'll give'em shot if you would send them this way :cry:

Hi thepodpiper,

Im pretty sure its a variety called Royal Black (one of the parent plants is Purple Tiger) as you plant looks almost identical to some plants I grew out a few years ago.
RoyalBlackFlower.jpg

RoyalBlackFlowers.jpg

I'll try and dig out some pod photos shortly. Hope this helps

Back