• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help With Pepper ID

So I picked up 2 chili plants from a local nursery in early summer. One was labeled (Thai Dragon) and the other was not (I think the tag fell out)

I've been harvesting pods for a while and have been surprised at how hot they are. They are petty close to my Thai Dragon in heat but with a very different flavor. 

The pods are initially green/white, they stay white to purple while growing and then go to Orange and finally Red. 

Any advice as to what they may be is welcomed. They sure have turned out nice for my first grow! This winter I am getting an indoor setup to grow from seed this time. 

Thanks for the info guys. 

Where I am confused is all of the info I am finding on the Bolivian Rainbow says it has bright purple flowers. The flowers on my plant are white. Also the pods shape seems a bit different. Lastly the color of the whole plant seems to be a much deeper color and has more gloss look to the leaves. 

Is there a similar strain? I did a bit of searching and didn't find any more clues.

Here is a pic of some of the smaller pods that I just harvested. I have noticed a small decrease in pod size for the last round of flowers that popped up as well as them maturing fast. The weird weather in August is probably the cause.

Anyway here are my smaller than average pods. They still have the same shape as the larger ones though.

And here is a link with several pics of a Bolivian Rainbow
http://chilibase.info/?Peper=Bolivian%20Rainbow

EDIT:
I think I figured it out. After tracing back to the pepper type Pequin and searching through a few pepper growers websites I found a few that looked like it. Then checked on Chilibase. Light green leaves, white flower, and more of a blotchy purple shade rather than deep full purple for the pods about nails it.

I think it is a Centennial Rainbow.
http://chilibase.info/?Peper=Centennial%20Rainbow

Centennial%20Rainbow.jpg

Yeah I saw the Brazilian first but the pod shape and dark purple color threw me off. The purple on the centennial is blotchy and light. Most of the time the purple is only on about 3/4 of the pod.

Thanks again for your help. 

So when you say we are practically neighbors where about are you?

Sneaky6 said:
Yeah I saw the Brazilian first but the pod shape and dark purple color threw me off. The purple on the centennial is blotchy and light. Most of the time the purple is only on about 3/4 of the pod.

Thanks again for your help. 

So when you say we are practically neighbors where about are you?
You're welcome. :)

I lived in San Jose for about 30 years but moved down here to Morgan Hill just over a year ago.

Back