• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

help with pi 447654 c. preatermissum

hello all

im venturing into uncharted waters this year, im growing PI 441654 C. PREATERMISSUM
i recently got these seeds from TUCABAIL IN BRAZIL so if your on here Tuca and you can help too that would be wonderfull
I want to ask if there is anything i should know about this one seeing it is one of the more "Exotic" species

im asking about care in general and was also wondering if anyone has a pic or two, i cant seem to find anything on this one
i planted 4 seeds
please help if you can

thanks your friend Joe

Howdy Joe,
I'm no expert by far but growing wilds isn't all that different than growing any other stubborn variety. As with more common varieties, they can take a long time to germinate. Just be patient and see what happens.

Howdy Joe,
I'm no expert by far but growing wilds isn't all that different than growing any other stubborn variety. As with more common varieties, they can take a long time to germinate. Just be patient and see what happens.

thanks Dan

i just planted them today, will they make it to maturity in time that i will at least get something?
if anyone has anything else to add that would be great
thanks your friend Joe

C. PREATERMISSUM are not very hard to grow.. they take 3-6 week to germinate ... all C. PREATERMISSUMS grow inot big plant and needs long growing season

Hi Joe,
I've grown them also and yes they are a long season plant, they don't mind a wetter soil, they like a bit of shade or dappled shade
simliiar conditions to C. Pubescens I'd say....

Hi Joe,
I've grown them also and yes they are a long season plant, they don't mind a wetter soil, they like a bit of shade or dappled shade
simliiar conditions to C. Pubescens I'd say....

thanks mate

the light issue was something i wondered about i know many wilds are not font of direct light

thanks so much your friend Joe

C. PREATERMISSUM are not very hard to grow.. they take 3-6 week to germinate ... all C. PREATERMISSUMS grow inot big plant and needs long growing season

thanks so much

looks like im cutting them back and over wintering them

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe, I have some of those seeds if you're looking for more. Please contact me if you want them. Just get me an address and I'll send them out.

Back