• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Herman's Hot Sauces

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauces Reviewed: Herman's Hot Sauce, Herman's Jalapeno Sauce
Company: Herman's Hot Sauce
Member: HHSauce
By: TheHotPepper.com

Herman's Hot Sauce Ingredients: Tomatoes, Carrots, Onions, Habanero Peppers, Vinegar, Garlic, Salt, Lemon Juice, Select Peppers.

Herman's Jalapeno Sauce Ingredients: Bottle shipped without label. I'll ask HHSauce to post them.

First Impression
My first impression was... cool! Something that may replace Frank's. Why? These sauces look like your conventional red liquidy sauce, but the ingredients list says otherwise!

Review
I can taste the flavor of the peppers! I love that. The regular "Herman's Hot Sauce" sauce is a habanero sauce. It really packs a punch. As I suspected, this is a great replacement for your conventional supermarket red hot sauce. The heat burns, and the flavors of habaneros, garden vegetables, and lemon are present. The Jalapeno sauce is a red sauce as well, though a bit more orange than the habanero. The heat level is a bit lower, and there is this great earthiness to it. The flavor of the jalapenos really comes through.

Applications
Anything.

Overall
Everything tastes fresh and homemade. Don't let the consistency and color fool you, these ain't no supermarket salt and vinegar sauces. These are kick-ass sauces you can use on anything! The flavors are bright and the heat is right.

Attachments

• Original.JPG
    Original.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 161
  • hermansplate.jpg
    hermansplate.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for the GREAT review. I have said for some time I would like to go up against Franks. I was a little nervous waiting for the taste test. When I had the nutritional facts done they did not have the Carribean Red Pepper in their program and used the Habenaro instead. Labels were made and I can't change it until the next run of labels. I did use the Carribean Red Pepper.
The Jalapeno sauce has been in test and no labels yet.
Ingredients for Herman's Jalapeno Sauce: Tomatoes, vinegar, carrots,onions,Red Jalapenos, select sweet peppers, garlic and salt. Thanks Again, Herman

If anyone would like to order some sauce just mention thehotpepper on the order form and I will discount any bottles ordered.

You could definitely take Frank down! I'm no expert on peppers, but I really loved the flavor that came through, so I guess I like Caribbean Red Peppers. Nicely done.

HHSauce said:
If anyone would like to order some sauce just mention thehotpepper on the order form and I will discount any bottles ordered.

Cool.

Pee Wee

marcosauces said:
Very simple and cool label..need to try it..!!

Reminds of the end of Pee Wees Big Adventure.. "Paging Mr. Herman" lol Great movie hopefully this is as a great of a sauce as the movie was.. :-)

Looks Pretty good..Good Value to from their website..

Back