• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hey all... thinking upgrade...

In my opinion, Secret Jardin (Dark Room II) grow tents seem to be of really decent quality. I've come across really cheap generic grow tents on ebay, but think I'd rather pay for quality instead of having a cheaper tent go kaput on me! :)

. This is not to say that they are better than MH/HPS, because those still remain the best in terms of output. But flouro lights 8s and 12s are significantly less expensive and produce a hell of a lot less heat.

HID lamps produce less heat than fluorescent. The surface temperature of the lamp is higher, but they make less heat.

I'd recommend using a cool tube reflector to reduce the amount of heat you will have in your tent since your running it bare bulb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-COOLTUBE-AIR-COOLED-GROW-LIGHT-REFLECTOR-COOL-TUBE-/400233875140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2fcc46c4#ht_6471wt_1269

link to ebay listing 70 bucks with free shipping. you can sell that bat-wing if you decided to upgrade reflector.

If you have ballast dimmed down to 250 watts that is alright for the time being.

You already have the 6 inch fan, just need some ducting and you can exhaust unwanted heat from your tent

found that the cheap (35) exhaust fan I rigged up threw out enough heat... well my plants are all over two feet and still going strong so I am assuming that enough heat is leaving the tent.

Back