• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hey Cappy

Who's gonna take it this year? Got one due back at the dock at 6:45 today, several releases. Seems to be a hot year so far with lots of releases out of the three main marinas I keep check on.

I guess he meant to post on PRF's profile.

Holy smokes! I cudnt get live feed. Puter crashed and theis state of the art live mobile feed didn't work on my state of the art blackberry.

And no. I meant to post here. Let all who want to discuss, discuss.

Would love to see it in august full moon but afraid a lot of true giants such as that fish, would hit the scales.

Citation is a Roger Island Boatworks just like Bakbar that won it last year. This will end up being a million dollar fish, guaranteed $318,000 for the first fish to the scale over 500 lbs already.

Species: Blue Marlin
Weight: 883 lbs
Boat: Citation
Angler: Andy Thomossan
Captain: Eric Holmes

citation_0.jpg

wow. thats freakin incredible. Um, I know very little 'bout ocean fishin. Do you eat that one, or taxidermy it and hang it on your wall, or both? or release? but I know its a trophy fish. wow.

Man! Big dogger! I don't know for sure, but I don't think people eat blues Celaste. Trophy/catch and release fish I think. I think some people smoke black marlin???

All marlin weighed in this tourny go to research. 400lb minimum to weigh so to cut back on fish killed. Generally a rule on most boats to release. Law? No. Highly frowned on to keep outside of a tourny. Little food value. The do eat them in hawaii though. Occasionally else where but most captains release unless they die in the fight. (tail wrapped in line or sound)

I heard there is some protest, something about hand lining as the captain said this fish never jumped and went deep directly below his boat and got tail wrapped. Could all be BS...but that's what I hear. :(

Back