Hey from GA

Whats up everyone, was surfing the web looking up stuff about chilies and stumbled across this gem of a site.

Well I'm from NY transplanted to GA and ever since I've been here I've grown ever more fond of growing chilies, probably due to the longer season(Anyone else from GA?). Nothing too hot in the garden this year I think the hottest I have is my 2.5 year old chocolate habanero bush, other than that I have everything I was able to get in home depot lol. Next season will be a scorcher though my sister-in-law just bought me Pepper Joe's volcano in a box. Well other than a love for chilies, I play guitar, collect reptiles, and weld... Not much more too me other than that lol

Well I guess that's it, Nice site you guys got going here and I'm lookin' forward to meeting some fellow chili heads.

Twiz

:welcome:Greetings from the Piedmont of North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

I'm up in Gwinnett, seems to be a decent place for my chili garden, weather wise. Do you container garden or are you blessed with decent soil? My subdivision has so many buried boulders and the soil was packed down when they built all the houses my soil sucks lol. So everything I have is in raised beds with topsoil and perlite and all my peppers are in 5 gallon buckets.

I'm up in Gwinnett, seems to be a decent place for my chili garden, weather wise. Do you container garden or are you blessed with decent soil? My subdivision has so many buried boulders and the soil was packed down when they built all the houses my soil sucks lol. So everything I have is in raised beds with topsoil and perlite and all my peppers are in 5 gallon buckets.

We have decent soil, but container grown for the most part and raised beds when I have more preparation time.

Hello! I'm not from Georgia but went to Atlanta a - wow, it's been 10 years now...too long! lol- and loved it.... good pepper growing weather there I would think. I do my peppers in pots and overwinter... the older tha plants get the better they seem to get. :) Welcome. :D

Back