Hi All, New to the Forum

AlabamaJack said:
Daisy:

Where in the states are you located. Reason I ask is when you ask a question, the answer very well could be based on geographic location.

I'm from Northeastern PA,....originally from Northern NJ....and you're right about the climate effecting what type of peppers you can grow.....Alabama's climate it pretty warm, I'm sure you don't have any trouble growing most varieties.

Pam said:
Welcome from South Carolina!

What other rare or off beat varieties of vegetables do you grow?

Hi Pam,

Let's see, I've gotten a lot of seeds from friends of mine who are from other countries (Thailand, India, etc.)....since I really like to cook these types of foods I have grown, bitter melon, Middle Eastern melon varieties (don't really know the name but they are delicious), Asian cucumbers, Lebanese and Italian tomatoes, and of course different chillies, one of my favorite came from the mother of a friend of mine from Thailand...
My chilli grow list this year:

Kashmiri pepper (perhaps true Kashmiri Mirch) (seed coming from England)
Kashmiri pepper (this is not the true Kashmiri pepper, it is round instead of long, but is brilliant red and medium heat)
Sannaam chilli
and some chilli seed from Turkey
for chillies, I like to grow varieties that dry well....What kinds do you grow:?:

rainbowberry said:
Hi Daisy, Welcome from the cold, windy and rainy UK (well it is tonight).

Hi Rainbowberry,
Thanks for the welcome,....I posted a recipe for Curried Butternut Squash Soup...goes really well on cold, windy, and rainy winter days.:)

Back