• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hi all

DontPanic said:
Are the cost of the seeds a big component of your costs?

It may be worth your while to buy your seeds from a reliable vendor.

The F2 generation might show a high degree of variability.

On the other hand, some "hybrid" seeds aren't as hybrid as the vendor claims, and won't show much difference in subsequent generations.

It's an interesting risk/reward question.

Here's the seed vendor, East-West Seeds Indonesia ..... And here's the variety, GADA MK F1

DontPanic said:
Are the cost of the seeds a big component of your costs?

It may be worth your while to buy your seeds from a reliable vendor.

The F2 generation might show a high degree of variability.

On the other hand, some "hybrid" seeds aren't as hybrid as the vendor claims, and won't show much difference in subsequent generations.

It's an interesting risk/reward question.
Hybrid seeds are susceptible to kinky virus attacks, flea attacks. this year the flea infestation is almost 70%, I think it will fail, so I want to plant f2 from the healthiest tree

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

my job now is to make the seeds healthy and grow well, do I have to soak the seeds with the imidacloprid pesticide?

the price of 1 pcs of seeds (1700 seeds) around Rp. 140000 / $ 8-9
4d7c2a56acc3d6bd0373af7fae0c1aa0.jpg

Have you ever considered growing a different variety of peppers? I don't know if there is a market for you or not, I was just thinking it might work out well to have a second variety to bring to market.

Mr.joe said:
Have you ever considered growing a different variety of peppers? I don't know if there is a market for you or not, I was just thinking it might work out well to have a second variety to bring to market.
local market demand is not much for other types of paprika and can only be sold in supermarkets

thoms said:
solid7 said:
No, that's pretty much exactly the point.  It's not quite a glog, and advice isn't exactly being sought...

As noted, there is a  Discussion and tips for growing hot peppers.

T6EcvvC.jpg

And there is a forum for Glogs are Grow Logs. Please use this forum to keep a log of your growing process

eoqlWVI.jpg

You originally did a glog, Hello thread from 2017 , and then this thread in 2019 . As you recently posted:

thoms said:
I also prepared land for 6000 seeds.

I would respectfully request you post your 2020 grow in GLOGS where, as noted above. all those beautiful pictures will be appreciated.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

As noted, there is a  Discussion and tips for growing hot peppers.

T6EcvvC.jpg

And there is a forum for Glogs are Grow Logs. Please use this forum to keep a log of your growing process

eoqlWVI.jpg

You originally did a glog, Hello thread from 2017 , and then this thread in 2019 . As you recently posted:

I would respectfully request you post your 2020 grow in GLOGS where, as noted above. all those beautiful pictures will be appreciated.
I'm sorry if something went wrong. I will post everything, now I am still preparing land and seeds
cf3da92e09dc6c2e6bc12237115e2c50.jpg
ce04794e062deca78d063f728c68fdd2.jpg

Back