• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Hi (first post!) and can anyone ID these please?

Hi,

First post, so be gentle! I bought these last year from my local Waitrose, and wondered if anyone could ID them please. I was thinking perhaps Super Chillis, as they are quite hot.. much hotter than a Jalapeno, but not in the super-hot league. (Great on top of a pizza!)

The first set of photos were taken last year when they were fruiting merrily. The last couple are of the newly appearing fruits which have just come on in the last couple of weeks. They start off green, changing to orange and finally red.

Thanks, and look forward to many more posts (one coming soon about lighting for my seedlings!)

DSCF0883_zps48f0f6f7.jpg

DSCF0882_zpsd6c74bf6.jpg

DSCF0881_zpsebd7fcc3.jpg

DSCF0880_zpsd52f26ca.jpg

DSCF0879_zpsfa14ad06.jpg

DSCF1220_zps2b7ccf6e.jpg

DSCF1215_zpsf7507c00.jpg

assuming all the plants are the same, i would put my bet on tobasco. my reasoning is in the flower, the "L" shape that helps us distinguish capsicum frutescens is quite apparent in the last picture.

assuming all the plants are the same, i would put my bet on tobasco. my reasoning is in the flower, the "L" shape that helps us distinguish capsicum frutescens is quite apparent in the last picture.

My opinion, they are too big and not quite the right color for tobasco, but your assessment of the L flower is spot on. I missed that the first time. I have a tobasco flowering right now and I have seen the L flowers as recently as yesterday. It does appear to be a frutescens of some sort.

I have no idea, but thought I would say hello. Welcome to THP, I'm new also, but found this place to be full of great info and people...

Say hello in the welcome section....

Mike

I have had a few different types of super chillis and they all seem a little different every year. They don't seem to get that tall for me tho. They always stay Little lower to the ground. I have also grown tobasco before and the pods were smaller and when ripe were very juicy. They would fall off the stem of i shook it. They remind me off the thai dragons but its really hard to distinguish peppers cause there is so many varieties. I'd like to add that my thai dragons grew in clusters like that

Back