Hi from Adelaide all the way down under way amongst the blowflies and heat !

teejay said:
G'Day Harry,

I've got about 58 plants in 6" pots that I have only just started leaving out of a night time - mind you, I went straight from Jiffy pellets to that size of pot with my own "special" mix thinking they would put out roots at a rapid pace. I suspect that was more of a hindrance than a help however.

I've got another small batch that have just come out of a heated propagator and gone into one of those plastic "little nursery" thingy-ma-bobs (from cheap as chips) and put into my gardenmaster shadehouse of a day time

Then there's my third batch still in the propagator....

I suspect my plants are a bit smaller than they *could* be because I think the weather around here has been very unsteady (as I'm sure you would agree), and still pretty cold of a night time. Then again, I also think I've been using fertiliser a bit too soon... I'm still learning though to make follow on seasons bigger and better.

Tell you what though, I've got a fair bit of seed from JungleRain of late and they come up so quick in the propagator I almost need the whip to keep them down!

How's it all going on your end ?
I'm using cheap potting mix that as far as I can see has no water features such as water crystals and minimal included fertiliser. What you'll see in my 2013-2014 grow log is a season ruled by Rocotos.

The night temperatures have been less than ideal for C.chinense growth. It has though been warm enough for the C.pubescens plants to grow and flower. Seedling growth for the most part has been lack lustre.

A good number of my plants originated from JungleRain's stock too.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

teejay said:

On a last note, I must say that I have only dealt with two seed vendors here in Australia, and both have been extremely pleasant to deal with.

Welcome Tim!  From my experience most Australians are somewhat pleasant to deal with ;) .

Back