Hi from Adelaide, Australia

I've grown chilli's before (only birdseyes') a long time ago though and they were in the ground.

I have a shop bought Habanero plant that is doing well and a Bhut Jolikia seed that doesn't look like it's going to grow
I think it's been about 4 weeks for that one so far.

I got some Yellow 7 Pods, Bih Jolokia and Hot Cherry Seeds from THSC and I'm currently waiting for them to sprout.
They've been in Jiffy's for 6 days.... hopefully I see some signs of life within the next couple days :)

Hello from 700+ kms south east of you in Melbourne ;)

No disrespect, but you've started pretty late in the season and are very unlikely to get much from those Capsicum Chinense, if anything at all. Your best bet is to try and start them in July/August indoors, and then move outdoors mid October.

If you can overwinter the Capsicum Chinense for next year, you should get a decent crop. Otherwise, save your seeds for next year!

Hey there, :welcome: From Far Nth QLD I agree I think you've started a tad late for these varieties but as above if you over winter them you'll have an insane season next year! Or you could try Hydro, I'm having awesome results with DWC. I started most of my potted chillies back in April, but... FNQLD I can grow all year round pretty much.

Good luck.

:ceers:

Jas

Hi from Melbourne,
Best of luck with your plants Hittmann ...
I have got all my seedling outside now most are still small so
im hoping they form pods not having the best weather at the moment either !
Cheers Karl

Yeah a little late, Neil said should be fine though.
I do have a greenhouse (that I just built) that will hopefully extend their life.
I have a 130w 6700k CFL globe that I was planning to use as soon as they sprout
before popping them outdoors... it hasn't really got warm here in Adelaide yet so
I'm hoping for a long hot summer.

I can get some 130w 2700k globes if I need them later.

Back